|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2015)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (May 2015)|
|Founders||Joseph Michael Levry|
|Derivative forms||Shakti Naam Yoga, Naam Yoga Therapies|
|Meditation, Pranayam, Movement, Asana, Music|
Naam yoga was founded by Joseph Michael Levry, who was born in the Ivory Coast.
In 2011 he opened Naam Yoga Los Angeles, a 501c3 non-profit organization in Santa Monica, California,[not in citation given] which has since been the main headquarters for the organization. Naam Yoga LA has an outreach program for the area of Santa Monica, known as Giving Naam.
Levry has led three global Naam Yoga Superclasses in Mexico City which are free public meditations dedicated for peace: Zocalo (12,000) in 2011, Revolution Monument (15,000) in 2012 and the Angel of Independence (21,000) in 2014.
Rootlight, the publishing arm of Levry's Naam yoga, has published 36 meditation music CDs which are designed as tools to be used within Naam Yoga classes. Levry has written six books about his yoga techniques, most of which are published by Rootlight.
- LA Yoga http://layoga.com/yoga-in-the-world/naam-yoga-hosts-worlds-largest-yoga-session/
- Santa Monica Mirror, Healing With a Prayer, a Master and a Chair, Barbara Bishop http://www.smmirror.com/articles/News/Healing-With-A-Prayer-A-Master--A-Chair/38375
- Assis, 2009. "...Levry se recusa a dar detalhes muito precisos de sua vida pessoal, para além do fato de que nasceu na Costa do Marfim..."
- Wise, Brandon (1 November 2014). "AJSDHGLKJH" (PDF). Santa Monica Daily Press. p. 1. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce Business Guide 2014" (PDF). Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce. p. 22. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Fox News Latino http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/11/18/naam-yoga-invades-mexico-flab-mob-style/
- Reforma Corazon de Mexico Lunes 27, Enero/2014 Mexico DF
- Leisure & Travel Week Newspaper: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-358964368.html
- Assis, Diego (22 April 2009). "Mestre iogue receita 'amor' contra a crise financeira mundial". globo.com.