Naan Paadum Paadal
|Naan Paadum Paadal|
|Directed by||R. Sundarrajan|
|Produced by||Rajesh Khanna|
A. Francis Xaviour
|Written by||R. Sundarrajan|
|Edited by||R. Baskaran|
|Distributed by||Motherland Pictures|
Naan Paadum Paadal (lit. The song I sing) is a 1984 Indian Tamil-language film directed by R. Sundarrajan and produced by C. S. Rajesh Khanna, A. Francis Xaviour and R. Palanisamy. The film stars Sivakumar, Mohan, Ambika and Pandiyan in lead roles. The film had musical score by Ilayaraja. The film was remade in Telugu as Mangalya Bandham (1985).
- Sarath Babu in a Special appearance
- Suresh in a Special appearance
- Shankar Ganesh in a Special appearance
- Nalini in a Special appearance
- Poornam Viswanathan
- Kamala Kamesh
- Idichapuli Selvaraj
The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The song "Paadava Un Paadalai" uses the conga, a percussion commonly used in Afro-Cuban genres. The song "Paadum Vanambadi" is set in the carnatic raga known as Keeravani, while "Devan Kovil" is set in Yamunakalyani.
|1||"Paadavaa Un Paadalai"||S. Janaki||Vairamuthu||04:21|
|2||"Devan Kovil"||S. N. Surendar, S. Janaki||Muthulingam||04:22|
|3||"Machane Vatchikodi"||Gangai Amaran, S. P. Sailaja||Vaali||5:08|
|4||"Paadum Vanambadi"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||N. Kama Rajan||4:06|
|5||"Seer Kondu Vaa"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Gangai Amaran||5:24|
|6||"Devan Kovil (Solo)"||S. Janaki||Muthulingam||04:09|
|7||"Paadava Un Paadalai (Pathos)"||S. Janaki||Vairamuthu||04:31|
- "Naan Paadum Paadal". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Naan Paadum Paadal". gomolo.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Naan Paadum Padal Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Gopalakrishnan, P. V. (17 July 2017). "Filmy Ripples- Exotic Instruments in Film music – Part 3". The Cinema Resource Centre. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- Sundararaman 2007, p. 151.
- Sundararaman 2007, p. 127.
- Sundararaman (2007) . Raga Chintamani: A Guide to Carnatic Ragas Through Tamil Film Music (2nd ed.). Chennai: Pichhamal Chintamani. OCLC 295034757.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|