|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Naas Rugby Football Club|
|Chairman||Art Mc Coy|
|League(s)||All-Ireland League, 1B|
Naas RFC is an Irish rugby club based in Naas, Leinster. They play in division 1B of the All-Ireland League. The club colours are green and white hoops with black shorts and green socks. The Club is the biggest rugby club in Kildare with one of the biggest underage structures in Leinster. The club grounds is located at Forenaughts, 2 km outside the town.
The club was founded in 1881 and reformed in 1922 and was one of the leading Junior Clubs in Irish rugby before attaining All Ireland League Status in the 1999/2000 season. Back then the Club was located in the town where Ashgrove Estate and the Tennis Club is now. Subsequent travels took the Club to Doyle's Field at Tipper East (where The Paddocks estate is now) with the changing rooms being the jockeys room in Naas Racecourse! The Club then moved to its current location in Fournaughts, 2 km to the East of Naas town.
In the 2011/12 season, Naas RFC celebrated its 90th continuous season of playing rugby in Naas.
- International players associated with the Club
- Mark Deering, Seamus Byrne, Frank Byrne, Philip Lawlor, Geordan Murphy, Jamie Heaslip,
- Ireland U20s Internationals
- Fionn Carr; Adam Byrne; Billy Dardis; Adam Coyle
- Youth Internationals
- Joseph Moran, Eoghan Conran, Kaylin Domican, David Lynch (captain), Michael Moran, Enda Daly, Colin McEntee, Micheal Skeleton (Captain), Adam Byrne. Maebh Obrien (7's).
- Leinster Youths Representatives
- Dave Conneran, Enda Daly, Michael Moran, Eoghan Conran, Gavin Dooley, Adam Denvir, Kaylin Domican, Rob Campbell, Daniel O'Byrne, Jared Owens, Adam Byrne, Richard Cronin, Mark Rushe, Joseph Moran, Niall Gorry, Karl Denver, James Morrin, Eoghan Griffin, Colin McEntee, Micheal Skelton, & Adam Coyle , Kevin Mcloughlin and Niall O'Neill . Naas RFC member Patrick Keena is the Manager (2012-2015 ) of the Leinster U18 club side .
- Leinster Girls
- Emily McKeown, Niamh Hederman, Romy Morin, Chantelle Vitoria, Aoife Hederman, Bev Mahon, Aisling Breslin, Maebh Obrien, Nollaig Maguire, Millie Sheridan, Emma Lackey, Mary Helay, Ali Miley, Casey O'Brien
Success at Naas RFC
- Won the Provincial Towns Cup on 3 occasions – 2005, 1998, 1995 and appeared in the final on 10 occasions (Lost 1926, 1935, 1949, 1952, 1954, 1958, 1982).
- Won the Cup and Leinster League double in 2005, 1998.
- Won 2 Provincial Towns Plates – 1969 and 1981.
- Provincial 2nd XV Cup – 2 wins, 1996, 1999.
- Anderson Cup - Junior 3rds – 4 wins, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2014 – joint top winners.
- Dunne Cup - Junior 4ths – 6 wins (record number), 1980, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2005.
- Leinster League Division 1 Champions – 4 wins, 1997/1998, 1999/2000, 2004/2005, 2006/2007.
- ALL IRELAND PROVINCIAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS – 2000, 2007.
- Hosie Cup (North Midlands J1) – 10 wins, 1981, 1982, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2007.
- Lalor Cup (North Midladns J2) – 4 wins, 1978, 1995, 1999, 2000.
- Speirs Cup (North Midlands J3) – 4 wins, 1984, 1992, 1993, 1995.
- Scully Cup (North Midlands J4) – 8 wins, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2006, 2008, 2011.
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|