|Directed by||Pål Sletaune|
|Produced by||Pål Sletaune|
|Written by||Pål Sletaune|
|Music by||Simon Boswell|
|Cinematography||John Andreas Andersen|
|Edited by||John Andreas Andersen
|Distributed by||Columbia Tristar|
|10 March 2005|
|Budget||NOK 15,155,100 (estimated)|
Naboer (English: Next Door) is a 2005 Norwegian psychological thriller film, directed by Pål Sletaune. In the movie, the protagonist John is drawn into a sexual, violent game by his two beautiful neighbours. Naboer received an over-18 rating in Norway, which had only happened to four Norwegian movies before. Upon release it was well received by critics.
The main character, John (Joner), has just been dumped by his girlfriend Ingrid (Bache-Wiig). He then becomes acquainted with his next-door neighbours, the beautiful sisters Anne (Mosli) and Kim (Schacht). The sisters know a strange amount of details about him and Ingrid, and it soon becomes clear that he is being entrapped in a twisted, psychological game.
The movie was highly anticipated in Norway, particularly because of certain scenes with highly violent and sexual content. For its cinematic review, Naboer received an over-18 rating, which had only happened to four Norwegian movies before.
Norwegian reviewers were highly positive to the movie. Jon Selås, writing for Verdens Gang, gave the movie six out of six points. Selås called Joner's performance the best of his career. Dagbladet's Inger Bentzrud called the movie "intelligent", and gave it five out of six points. The movie was seen by 108,096 people in Norway.
- "Naboer". Box Office Mojo.
- Haga, Sverre Gunnar (2007-02-17). "Het debut for Julia" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- Krogstad, Kristian (2005-03-01). "Pål Sletaunes Naboer får 18 års grense" (in Norwegian). Release.no. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- Selås, Jon (2005-03-10). "Sykt. Sykt bra!" (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- Bentzrud, Inger (2005-03-10). "Nifst invaderende" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Box office / business for Naboer". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-08-10.