|Born||Yavatmal, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||National Director, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - India|
|Known for||inventions of financial devices to deliver banking service to villages and contribution in trying to solve India's financial inclusion problem.|
|Board member of||Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India, CARE India, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development|
Nachiket Mor is an Indian banker. He is currently National Director for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - India. He is also member of the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India. He is known for his inventions of financial devices to deliver banking service to villages and contribution in trying to solve India's financial inclusion problem.
Early life and education
Mor was born into a farming family in Yavatmal, Maharashtra. He has a bachelor's degree in Physics from Mumbai University. He has a master's degree in Management from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A), where he was a classmate of Raghuram Rajan. He also has a PhD in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania, with a specialisation in Finance from the Wharton School.
After completing his MBA, he joined a non-government organisation called Pradan, where he worked with mushroom farmers. He was then recruited by K.V. Kamath for ICICI Bank in 1987. In mid-1990s, he left to do his PhD at Wharton School and returned.
In late 2007, he left ICICI Bank to head the newly founded ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth to rural development. In May 2009, Intuit appointed Mor to its India advisory board. In September 2010, he left the foundation to work with an organisation called SughaVazhvu (Tamil for happy life), which works to provide better health care to villages.
In May 2013, he was appointed as a director in the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and its local board in the eastern area. In September 2013, Committee on Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Businesses and Low Income Households was formed which was headed by Nachiket Mor. In October 2013, he was included in the 4 member RBI panel led by Bimal Jalan which examine applications for new bank licenses.
- "Lunch With BS: Nachiket Mor". Business Standard. 16 December 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Ex-banker Nachiket Mor set to reconfigure rural PHCs". The Economic Times. 18 March 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Govt nominates Nachiket Mor as director on RBI board". Business Standard. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Meet the Board". CARE India. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Nachiket Mor: The return of the prodigy". The Economic Times. 9 October 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Executive Profile: Nachiket Mor". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "CEO of inconclusive India – Nachiket Mor". Business Today. 13 January 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Nachiket Mor, Kiran Karnik appointed to Intuit Inc.". Live Mint. 13 May 2009. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Manojit Saha (4 November 2013). "RBI may have more role for Nachiket". Business Standard. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Why the Nachiket Mor committee report on financial inclusion disappoints". Live Mint. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Bimal Jalan to head 3-member panel on new bank licences: RBI". Business Today. 4 October 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Nachiket Mor to head Gates Foundation in India". Live Mint. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 3 May 2016.