Nacho VIdal at FICEB (2007)
Ignacio Jordà González|
30 December 1973
Mataró, Barcelona, Spain
|Occupation||Adult performer, director, producer, writer, editor, camera|
|Spouse(s)||Silvia Romero (Franceska Jaimes) (2005-2015)|
Jasmine Shimoda (Jazmine Rose),
Michelle Anne Sinclair (Belladonna),
Rosa Castro Camacho
Ignacio Jordà González was born in Mataró (Barcelona) in Catalonia, Spain. His nickname, Nacho, is the common nickname for Ignacio. However, it has been reported he is referred by porn insiders as "Snatcho" and that he is a fan of dips and nachos, and has consumed them during some of his sex scenes, in order to bring some levity to the porn sets.
When he was very young, González moved with his family to Valencia, where part of his family originated. His family was wealthy, but ended up losing all their money in the 1987 stock market crash. At age 14, Vidal quit school to start working to help his family.
In 1994, young Vidal started working in the live porn club Bagdad of Barcelona, where he performed live sexual acts in front of an audience with his real-life Spanish girlfriend Sara Bernat (born 1976). There, he met the director of the Barcelona International Erotic Film Festival, José María Ponce, who introduced him into the world of porn films. Vidal became a protégé of Rocco Siffredi, who brought him to Hollywood in 1998.
Between 1998 and 2002, Vidal performed in many of his early hardcore scenes with his real-life American girlfriend Jasmine Shimoda (born 1979, credited in her appearances as "Jasmine Rose" or "Jazmine Rose"), whom he had discovered. In her legendary on-camera couplings with Vidal, Shimoda was notable for her exotic Eurasian looks (she is of Japanese descent on her father's side), her naturally petite, lithe, athletic figure (the result of a lifelong macrobiotic diet and regular yoga training) and strange tattoos, as well her bisexuality and intense, passionate enjoyment of anal sex in extended gonzo scenes.
In his prolific career Vidal has starred in more than 1,500 movies; he has also produced and/or directed many others (since 2000, this has included gay titles for the Evil Angel video company). Although self-stated as heterosexual, he has directed some gay porn films.
Besides porn, Vidal has also starred in a few Spanish mainstream movies and TV shows including the Spanish TV series Los Simuladores and the Spanish movies Va a ser que nadie es perfecto, El Alquimista Impaciente and Impávido.
On 16 October 2012, Vidal and his sister María José Jordá González were arrested in Barcelona, suspected of involvement in money laundering and tax evasion on behalf of Chinese organized crime. When Spanish police raided over 100 businesses in Madrid and Barcelona suspected of running money-laundering and tax evasion rackets in connection with the Chinese mob, Vidal and his sister were two of approximately 80 suspects detained. Hundreds of police were involved in serving "warrants to search 120 properties belonging to those suspected of laundering money from prostitution and extortion."
While Spanish prosecutors sought to hold Vidal in jail during the investigation and subsequent trial, on 19 October 2012, National Court Judge Fernando Andreu declined their request and instead accepted the defense's contention that, "Vidal is not a flight risk because he signed a contract to participate in a reality show for the next three months." Upon his no-bail release, Vidal announced, "Thanks to everyone for their support. I've gone without any charge."
Despite personally avoiding detention during the investigation and trial, Vidal's movie studio Nacho Vidal Productions was implicated in the Spanish National Court led sting and charged with counts of flight of capital and tax evasion. The newspaper El País described Vidal as "one of the high[est]-profile suspects arrested" and explained that he was accused along with his sister of helping the ring "by issuing false invoices from his movie production company."
Vidal claimed he was innocent.
Vidal has stated that he is very open-minded, but is heterosexual in his personal life.
He had a relationship with Sara Bernat, with whom he started in porn. Vidal's long relationship with Jasmine Shimoda ended in the early 2000s, and she retired from pornography in 2005 to become a professional chef in New York City and later her native Los Angeles, where she currently lives in a lesbian marriage. He had a relationship with pornographic actress Belladonna (Michelle Anne Sinclair), and they engaged, but never married. He had his first daughter with Venezuelan Rosa Castro Camacho.
On 31 May 2005, Vidal announced his retirement from pornography and married Colombian model Silvia Romero (Franceska Jaimes). They moved to a mansion previously owned by his family, located in the small town of Enguera, in Valencia, recovering it after his family's financial losses. He and his wife decided to start a family there. However, the couple separed six weeks later, and Vidal returned to porn only a few months after announcing his retirement. Soon, he also returned with his wife and introduced her as pornographic actress. They had two kids, and divorced in 2015.
Awards and nominations
- 2013 XBIZ Award winner - Best Scene - Gonzo/Non-Feature Release (Nacho Invades America 2 - Nacho Vidal/Evil Angel) with Chanel Preston
- 2012 XBIZ Award winner – Foreign Male Performer of the Year
- 2012 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2009 Hot d'Or Award winner - Best European Male Performer
- 2008 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor (Public) and Most Original Sex Scene (The Fashionistas Safado Berlin 1 with Katsuni & Melissa Lauren)
- 2006 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor
- 2004 Ninfa Award winner - Best Transvestite Film (Travestís dominados por Nacho - International film grup)
- 2004 AVN Award - Best Couples Sex Scene - Video
- 2004 AVN Award - Best Group Sex Scene - Video
- 2003 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor (Back 2 Evil - International Film Grup)
- 2002 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor (Public)
- 2001 AVN Award - Best Sex Scene in a Foreign Release
- 2001 XRCO Award - Best Threeway Sex Scene
- 2001 XRCO Award – Best Male-Female Sex Scene (Xxxtreme Fantasies Of Jewel De'Nyle) with Jewel De'Nyle
- 2001 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor (Face Dance Obsession)
- 2000 AVN Award - Best Sex Scene in a Foreign Release
- 2000 Ninfa Award winner - Best Sex Scene (Brazilian Butt Fest - International Film Grup) with Cassandra & Jazmine
- 2000 Ninfa Award winner - Best Actor (Buttman's Anal Divas - International Film Grup)
- "Nacho Vidal, el hombre que se metió en el porno para sacar a su novia de la prostitución. Noticias de Noticias". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "IGNACIO JORDA GONZALEZ - Información profesional y comercial". www.expansion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Victor M. Amela (2004-03-10). "Interview with Nacho Vidal by Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia". La Vanguardia. Archived from the original on 2007-06-10. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "encuentro digital con Nacho Vidal" (in Spanish). www.elmundo.es. 2004-02-26. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "» El pornstar Nacho Vidal sacará su libro Sexografías" (in Spanish). www.vanguardia.com.mx. 2008-12-29. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Molvar, Kari. "How to Eat Like a Yogi Chef". The New York Times. June 1, 2016. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/t-magazine/food/yoga-diet-recipes-springs-los-angeles.html
- Jazmine Rose profile. Hotmovies.com https://www.hotmovies.com/porn-star/19525/Jazmine-Rose.html
- EFE (2005-05-31). "Nacho Vidal article on Spain newspaper El Mundo". El Mundo. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- Nacho Vidal (2004-10-10). "Nacho Vidal official website". NachoVidal.com. Retrieved 2005-12-10.
- IMDB. "Nacho Vidal IMDB page". IMDB. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- Sandra Uve (2006-11-13). "Video interview with Nacho Vidal by Spain TV show Cuatrosfera". Cuatrosfera. Archived from the original on 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Impávido (2012)". FilmAffinity. 2012-07-26. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- "Sesenta personas fueron capturadas en operación contra lavado de activos y fraude fiscal en España". El Tiempo. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Ayala, Nelson (19 Oct 2012). "Porn Star Nacho Vidal Charged With Tax Evasion". XBiz.com. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Nacho Vidal Released on Bail". AVN Media Network. 19 Oct 2012. Archived from the original on 12 February 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Alleged "Emperor" money-laundering kingpin imprisoned without bail". ElPais. 21 October 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Interview with Nacho Vidal by Spanish newspaper El Mundo". El Mundo. 2004-02-26. Retrieved 2005-12-10.
- Meet the Creators of Los Angeles, Ep 1: Jasmine Shimoda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Z9UyIJNJk
- Rosa Castro: "Si nos pasa algo, a mí o a mi hija, ha sido Nacho Vidal" (Rosa Castro: "If something happens to me or my daughter, it's Nacho Vidal's fault") (in Spanish)
- XBIZ Award Winners 2013, XBIZ, January, 2013
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, January, 2012
- "Hot d'Or archives presse x, articles sur les Hot d'or". Hot-dor.fr. Archived from the original on 16 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Paul Fishbein, "Pirates II, Evil Angel Big Winners at 2009 Hot d’Or Awards", AVN.com. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "X Stars aux Ninfa Awards 2008: Les Gagnants!". 27 June 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Programación del Ficeb: más gorda que los miembros de sus actores". elmundo.es. 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "The FICEB Ninfa, Tacón de Aguja and HeatGay Awards". Web.archive.org. 2007-06-09. Archived from the original on 2007-06-09. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- 2004 Award winners & nominees
- Barcelona International Erotic Film Festival (2004)
- 2003 FICEB Award winners & nominees
- 2002 FICEB Award Winners & Nominees
- 2001 FICEB Award Nominees & Winners
- "FICEB 2000 Awards". Web.archive.org. 2007-06-09. Archived from the original on 2007-06-09. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nacho Vidal.|