Vigalondo at the 2014 Miami International Film Festival
Ignacio Vigalondo Palacios
6 April 1977
Ignacio "Nacho" Vigalondo Palacios (born 6 April 1977) is a Spanish filmmaker.
Vigalondo's first film was the 2003 Spanish-language short film 7:35 in the Morning, about a suicide bomber who terrorizes a cafe, which was only eight minutes long. The film won significant accolades: it was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film, got another Best Short Film Award nomination at the European Film Awards, and received the Bronze Moon of Valencia at the Cinema Jove – Valencia International Film Festival, and the Prix UIP Drama at the Drama Short Film Festival.
Vigalondo's next film was the 2011 Spanish-language alien invasion film Extraterrestre.
From 2012 to 2014 he wrote and directed a segment in three different anthology horror films: The ABCs of Death, The Profane Exhibit, and VHS: Viral. In 2014 he also released Open Windows, a techno-thriller film that marked his English-language debut.
Vigalondo's most recent film is Colossal, which he wrote and directed. The film is a twist on the Kaiju genre and an homage to the Godzilla franchise. Before starting production on Colossal, Vigalondo described his plan as to make a serious film with "old school" practical effects on a low budget. Vigalondo's latest directorial effort is the Hulu original film Pooka, released December 2018 in the Into the Dark series.
|2001||Código 7||Yes||Yes||Yes||Short film; Role: Tipo|
|2003||7:35 in the Morning||Yes||Yes||Yes||Short film; Role: Tipo|
|2007||Timecrimes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Role: The Scientist|
|2012||The ABCs of Death||Yes||Yes||Segment: "A is for Apocalypse"|
|2013||The Profane Exhibit||Yes||Yes||Segment: "Sins of the Fathers"|
|2014||Open Windows||Yes||Yes||Yes||Role: Richy Gabilondo|
|V/H/S: Viral||Yes||Yes||Segment: "Parallel Monsters"|
- "Los cronocrimenes". Crossing Europe. 2007. Archived from the original on 26 April 2009. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- ""Time Crimes" Giveaway". Obscure Horror. Archived from the original on 4 January 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- Anderton, Ethan (19 May 2011). "'Timecrimes' Director Adapting Mark Millar's Comic Book 'Supercrooks'". First Showing. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
Bleeding Cool reports Timecrimes director Nacho Vigalondo will be at the helm of an adaptation of the forthcoming comic book Supercrooks from Marvel Icon.
- Tinnin, Drew (19 May 2011). "'VHS: Viral' – Gorgeous Vortex Impressions". Dread Central. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
Parallel Monsters director Nacho Vigalondo of the anthology VHS Viral.
- Squires, John (September 23, 2014). "Nacho Vigalondo Wants to Make an Old School Kaiju Movie". Dread Central. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
|This article about a Spanish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|