|Birth name||Senada Topčagić|
|Born||3 July 1953|
Modriča, PR Bosnia and Herzegovina, FPR Yugoslavia
Life and career
Senada Topčagić was born on July 3, 1953, in Modriča, FPR Yugoslavia (modern-day Bosnia and Herzegovina) and was raised in the nearby village of Tarevci. While attending primary school, she also temporarily reside in Osijek. At the age of eighteen, Topčagić was discovered by the prominent producer and instrumentalist, Žika Radenković, who brought her to Belgrade so she can pursue a recording career.
She debuted in 1975 with the single "Na Drini ćuprija", written by Obren Pjevović. Topčagić gained most success during the 80s with hits which include "Treba mi tvoje rame" (1982), "Zovem te, zovem" (1984), "Izvini, dušo izvini" (1985) and "Jutro je" (1989), which is arguably the greatest hit of hers. She has competed on eminent Yugoslavian music festivals such as Hit Parada, MESAM and Vogošća festival. Over the years Topčagić has released twenty studio albums and has maintained a career spanning over five decades.
During the Croatian War of Independence in the early 90s, Topčagić faced public scrutiny after she had performed alongside other singers for Serb soldiers in Vukovar a month after the city's fall. In 2022, she stated that they were forced to do so, explaining that she would not have done it, if she were to chose now.
Topčagić is married to former manager Zlatko Đurđević, with whom she has a son, named Miroslav (b. 1984). She also has two grandchildren.
- Studio albums
- Život je lep dok si mlad (1979)
- Stare dobre pesem (1980)
- Ja sam tvoja i ničija više (1981)
- Treba mi tvoje rame (1982)
- Pomozi mi (1983)
- Zovem te, zovem (1984)
- Želim te, želim (1985)
- Nežno, nežnije (1987)
- Na srcu mi ležiš (1988)
- Volela sam (1989)
- Koju igru igraš (1990)
- Sudba siroana (1992)
- Ljubomorna sam (1994)
- Nada Topčagić (1996)
- Nada Topčagić (1997)
- Nada Topčagić (1998)
- Nada Topčagić (2001)
- Nada Topčagić (2004)
- Nada Topčagić (2005)
- Nada Topčagić (2020)
- EPs and singles
- Na Drini Ćuprija (1975)
- Postoji samo jedan čovek / Dva zlatna prstena (1976)
- Zaklanjaš mi Sunce (1977)
|1981||Sok od šljiva||Film||Herself (singer)|
|1984||Kamiondžije opet voze||Television||Episode 1|
|1986||Sekula i njegove žene|
|1993||Bolje od bekstva||Film|
- "ŽIVOTNA PRIČA NADE TOPČAGIĆ: Od malog bosanskog sela do Beograda!". Stil.kurir.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 18 September 2022.
- "e-novine.com - Narodnjačko prelo za "oslobodioce"". Archived from the original on 21 November 2009.
- Catherine Baker (1 July 2010). Sounds of the Borderland: Popular Music, War and Nationalism in Croatia since 1991. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. pp. 187–. ISBN 978-1-4094-9403-4.
- "Nadu Topčagić boli nepravda: Ceci i Breni je oprošteno, a ja sam uništena". Svet.scandal.rs (in Serbian). 16 April 2022. Retrieved 18 September 2022.
- Dejanović, M. "Nada Topčagić: Zbog Ibrahimovića sam na bromazepamima". Nova.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 18 September 2022.
- Ankić, I. "RUKICE GORE Zlatan Ibrahimović se pojavio na Sanremu uz hit Nade Topčagić". Grand.online.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 18 September 2022.
- Dejanović, M. "Nada Topčagić: Lejdi Gaga gleda moje spotove, pa me kopira". Nova.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 18 September 2022.