Nada personal (telenovela)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Created by||Alberto Barrera Tyszka|
|Written by||Alberto Barrera Tyszka|
|Directed by||Antonio Serrano|
|Creative director(s)||Ariel Blanco|
|Music by||Armando Manzanero|
|Opening theme||"Nada personal" performed by Armando Manzanero and Lisset|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||120|
|Executive producer(s)||Maika Bernard|
|Running time||60 min|
|Distributor||New Films International|
|Original network||TV Azteca|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||May 20, 1996– June 6, 1997|
Nada personal is a Mexican telenovela, which was broadcast in 1996. It was the first produced by Argos Comunicación for TV Azteca and began on May 20 of that year. This was the production that put the network on the radar of the television audience in Mexico.
It was the first telenovela of Ana Colchero after her leave from Televisa and the first telenovela that discussed political topics. She played the role of Camila but had to be replaced by Christianne Gout when Colchero had issues with the network. It was directed by Antonio Serrano, director of Teresa (starring Salma Hayek) and the blockbuster film Sexo, Pudor y Lágrimas.
"It's nothing personal," says Fernándo Gomez Miranda (Guerra), the chief of police, minutes after killing his friend, the well-respected lawyer and likely candidate for Attorney General, Raúl de Los Reyes and his youngest daughter of only 13 in a vehicle ambush. Luis Mario (Llamas), a sad-eyed broadcast journalist of passionate conviction, arrives on the scene soon after with his camara and discovers a wounded survivor in the car; Camila (Colchero), the eldest daughter of de los Reyes.
Luis Mario rushes her to the hospital, saving her life and thereby creating a bond between them that he cannot escape. Alfonso Carbajal (Bichir), Luis Mario's half-brother, is the police detective assigned to the case. An old schoolmate of Camila's, he has long been in love with her and conflicts arise when all evidence points to Camila being involved in the drug trade. The two brothers find themselves caught between their professional duty that would require them to exploit Camila and their desire to protect her.
Standing in their way is Fernando, who is busy fabricating evidence to sink Camila and at the same time taking a very "personal" interest in Raúl's widow, María Dolores (Ferrer). Each on his own, Alfonso and Luis Mario work to prove Camila's innocence and find the real killer, without knowing that the man they seek is their own father.
- José Ángel Llamas as Luis Mario Gómez
- Ana Colchero as Camila de los Reyes (1996-1997)
- Christianne Gout as Camila de los Reyes (1997)
- Anna Ciocchetti as Elsa Grajales
- Rogelio Guerra as Comandante Fernando Gómez Miranda 'El Águila Real'
- Lupita Ferrer as María Dolores de los Reyes
- Demián Bichir as Comandante Alfonso Carbajal
- Guillermo Gil as Mateo
- Joaquín Garrido as X
- Vanessa Acosta as Paula
- Martín Altomaro as Próspero aka "Pop"
- Mónica Dionne as Alicia
- Enoc Leaño as "Mandíbulas"
- Claudia Lobo as Alma
- Pilar Ixquic Mata as Rosalba
- Víctor Huggo Martin as Víctor/Hugo
- Loló Navarro as Xóchitl
- María Renée Prudencio as Soraya
- Gloria Peralta as Monica
- Martha Resnikoff as Ester
- Josefo Rodríguez as Esteban
- José Sefami as Marrana
- Lourdes Villareal as Benigna
- Dunia Zaldívar as Amalia
- Claudio Obregón as Raúl de los Reyes
- Gilberto Perez Gallardo as Lucio
- "Sergio Goyri podría entrar a Azteca ¡con remake de Nada Personal!". tvnotas.com.mx (in Spansih). Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Carlos Salinas de Gortari bio on PBS Frontline".
- "[Telenovelas del recuerdo ] Nadie olvida “Nada Personal”". aldiadallas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 May 2017.