|Born||11 August 1960|
Nadav Argaman (Hebrew: נָדָב אַרְגָּמָן; born 11 August 1960) is the current head of Shin Bet. He previously served as deputy head of Shin Bet, Operations Division chief, and the Shin Bet representative in the United States. He was appointed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on 11 February 2016. and assumed office in May 2016.
Argaman was born to Amiram and Tikva in Ramat Hasharon, and was raised, from the age of two, in kibbutz Hamadia. As he joined the Army in 1978 he volunteered to serve in the IDF's Special Forces unit Sayeret Matkal, and served as a fighter and Platoon leader. In 1983 he joined the Shin Bet and served in various command and staff posts. Between 2003–2007 he served as head of the Shin Bet Operations Division and between 2007–2011 served as head of the Shin Bet security of North America. Then between 2011–2014 he served as deputy head of Shin Bet. Among other things, in November 2012 at the beginning of Operation Pillar of Defense he commanded the operation that assassinated the Hamas military wing commander, Ahmed Jabari.
In September 2014 he was loaned to Israel Atomic Energy Commission. In September 2015 he was again appointed deputy head of the Shin Bet. In February 2016 Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided to appoint him to be the next Shin Bet chief, and on 8 May 2016 he assumed office, replacing his predecessor Yoram Cohen.
Argaman earned a BA and MA in political science from Haifa University, and an additional master's degree in security and strategy from the National Security College at the Haifa University. Argaman is also a graduate of the Israel National Defense College (המכללה לבטחון לאומי, מב"ל).
Argaman is married to Anat, and they have three children. They live in Rosh HaAyin.
- Melman, Yossi (11 February 2016). "Netanyahu names Nadav Argaman as the new head of the Shin Bet". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Nadav Argaman enters office as new Shin Bet boss". The Times of Israel. 8 May 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- סנאית אלון, שלא תאבדנה העקבות - סיפורו של עמירם ארגמן , הוצאה עצמית, עמ' 98
- "מכיסוח הדשא בקיבוץ לראשות השב"כ". Ynet. 12 February 2016.
- הראל, עמוס. "האתגרים של ראש השב"כ הנכנס נדב ארגמן: סכינאים, מנהרות וסייבר". Haaretz.
- "מינוי חלק לראש השב״כ".
- "האיש שפיקד על חיסול אחמד ג'עברי: זהו ראש השב"כ הבא - וואלה! חדשות".
- "נתניהו החליט: נדב ארגמן הוא ראש השב"כ הבא".
- רביד, ברק; ליס, יהונתן; כהן, גילי. "סגן ראש השב"כ נדב ארגמן ימונה לראש הארגון". Haaretz.
Media related to Nadav Argaman at Wikimedia Commons