Nadav Shragai is the grandson of Shlomo Zalman Shragai, who served as mayor of Jerusalem in the early 1950s. Shragai was a correspondent for Israeli newspaper Haaretz in 1983-2009, covering national security and religious affairs. He has published a number of books on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.
Shragai's articles on Israeli security issues, international law and related topics have been published by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. His book Temple of Dispute about the Temple Mount was published by Keter Publishing House in 1995
On his deathbed, former Israeli general Uzi Narkiss told Shragai that Shlomo Goren, former Chief Rabbi of Israel, urged him to blow up the Dome of the Rock, known by many in the past as the Mosque of Omar.
Views and opinions
Haaretz publisher Amos Schocken said that Shragai was a journalist with clear opinions with which he largely disagreed, but "his opinions never influenced his news reporting, which was always professional."
- Understanding Israeli Interests in the E1 Area: Contiguity, Security, and Jerusalem
- The Al-Aksa Is in Danger Libel: The History of a Lie
- Pro-Yesha reporter Nadav Shragai leaves Haaretz after 26 yrs
- God, Jews and the Media: Religion and Israel’s Media, Yoel Cohen
- Hillel Fendel (2009-06-21). "Haaretz Loses Token Nationalist". Arutz Sheva. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- Inbari, Motti (2009). Jewish Fundamentalism and the Temple Mount: Who Will Build the Third Temple. SUNY Press. p. 14. ISBN 978-1-4384-2623-5.
- Cohen, Rich (2010). Israel Is Real: An Obsessive Quest to Understand the Jewish Nation and Its History. Macmillan. p. 266. ISBN 978-0-312-42976-8.
- Pro-Yesha Reporter Nadav Shragai Leaves Haaretz After 26 Yrs
- Nadav Shragai (January 2013). "Understanding Israeli Interests in the E1 Area: Contiguity, Security, and Jerusalem". Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- Nadav Shragai (2010-03-15). "The "Al-Aksa Is in Danger" Libel: The History of a Lie". Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. Retrieved 2014-04-20.