Čačinovič in 2011
|Spouse(s)||Žarko Puhovski (divorced) Ivo Banac (separated)|
|Era||20th-century philosophy and contemporary philosophy|
|Aesthetics · Critical theory · Feminism|
|Website||Info and biography|
She was born to Slovene parents in Budapest in 1947 where her father Rudolf Čačinovič was serving as a military attache. She graduated in philosophy and comparative literature at the University of Ljubljana. She subsequently studied at the University of Bonn from 1968 to 1970 where her father was serving as ambassador of Yugoslavia to West Germany. She obtained a doctorate and became a professor at the Department of Philosophy of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Zagreb, being employed there since 1976.
After Andrea Zlatar-Violić became Minister of Culture in the Croatian government, Čačinovič was selected by Zlatar-Violić to take her place in the ministry's Committee for Books, Publication, and Bookselling Activities on 4 July 2012.
- Zašto čitati filozofe. Zagreb, 2009.
- Vodič kroz svjetsku književnost za inteligentnu ženu. Zagreb, 2007.
- Žene i filozofija. Zagreb, 2006.
- Parvulla aesthetica. Zagreb, 2004.
- Danilo Pejović, professor emeritus Facultatis philosophicae Universitatis studiorum Zagrabiensis. Zagreb, 2002.
- U ženskom ključu. Zagreb, 2000.
- Doba slika u teoriji mediologije. Zagreb, 2001.
- Ogled o pismenosti. Zagreb, 1994.
- Estetika. Zagreb, 1988.
- Estetika njemačke romantike. Zagreb, 1987.
- Pisanje i mišljenje. Zagreb 1981.
- Subjekt kritičke teorije. Zagreb, 1980.
- Nina Ožegović (2007-05-08). "Nadežda Čačinovič - europska karijera borbene filozofkinje" [Nadežda Čačinović - European career of a confrontational philosopher]. Nacional (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Prof. dr. sc. Nadežda Čačinovič, red. prof" (in Croatian). Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Nadežda Čačinovič - europska karijera borbene filozofkinje". Nacional. 8 May 2007. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Nadežda Čačinović nova predsjednica hrvatskog P.E.N.-a" (in Croatian). T-portal. 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- Povjerenstvo za odlučivanje o sukobu interesa
- Signatories of the Declaration on the Common Language, official website, retrieved on 2018-08-16.