The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||15 November 1995|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb; 8 st 3 lb)|
|Fighting out of||Wentworthville, Australia|
|Team||Australian Top Team|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Kassem was born in Wentworthville, New South Wales, Australia. She trained in Taekwondo and played rugby and softball when she was young. She was inspired by The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate TV series, but only started training MMA after watching her brother compete in grappling tournaments. Nadia started competing in amateur MMA not long after and turned pro. She had a record of 4–0 prior to signing with the UFC.
Mixed martial arts career
Kassem fought in the Australian circuit under Urban Fight Night and Australia Regional promotion. She amassed an undefeated record of 4–0 prior to being signed by the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Kassem was expected to make her promotional debut on 11 June 2017 at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Hunt in Auckland, New Zealand against JJ Aldrich, but was removed from the card, citing injury, and replaced by Chan-Mi Jeon.
Kassem faced Alex Chambers at UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura on 19 November 2017 in Sydney, Australia. At the weight-ins, Kassem weighed in at 120 pounds, 4 pounds over the strawweight upper limit of 116 pounds. The bout proceeded at a catchweight and Kassem forfeited 30% of her purse to Chambers. She won the fight by unanimous decision.
Her moniker "187" is the American police code for murder.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|5 matches||5 wins||0 losses|
|Win||5–0||Alex Chambers||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura||November 19, 2017||3||5:00||Sydney, Australia||Return to Strawweight; Kassem missed weight (120 lbs).|
|Win||4–0||Jasita Yotawan||TKO (kicks and punches)||JNI Promotions: 1 on 1||February 24, 2017||1||1:27||Hurstville, Australia||Won the JNI Promotions Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||3–0||Leigha Aurisch||TKO (kicks and punches)||Urban Fight Night 9: Fight of the Nations||December 3, 2016||1||0:19||Liverpool, Australia||Won the UFN Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||2–0||Belinda Sedgewick||KO (spinning back fist)||Urban Fight Night 5||December 12, 2015||1||0:10||Liverpool, Australia||Flyweight debut.|
|Win||1–0||Jiang Zhu||KO (punch)||JNI Promotions: The Century||August 28, 2015||1||0:26||Hurstville, Australia||Strawweight debut.|
- "Nadia Kassem ("187")". Tapology. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Interview: Nadia Kassem signs multi-fight contract with UFC and is ready to start with a bang". Fight News Australia. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "UFC Auckland: Kassem books fight with TUF alumni Aldrich". Fight News Australia. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Meet Australia's newest UFC fighter". Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "19-year-old Chan-Mi Jeon replaces Nadia Kassem next week at UFC Fight Night 110". MMAjunkie. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- DNA, MMA (24 August 2017). "Alex Chambers keert eindelijk terug tegen Nadia Kassem tijdens UFC Sydney". MMA DNA. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "UFC Fight Night 121 official weigh-in results: Headliner set, but four fighters heavy". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-18. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "UFC Fight Night 121 results: Nadia Kassem goes the distance to top gritty Alex Chambers". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-19. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- DNA, MMA. "Australian Top Team vechters te bewonderen tijdens UFC Singapore". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- DNA, MMA. "Viviane Pereira pakt short notice partij tegen Yan Xiaonan tijdens UFC Singapore". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-05-18.