|Born||Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Actress, singer, songwriter, television personality|
Early life and career beginnings
Nadia was born and raised in Miami, Florida and started singing at 5 years old. Nadia won her first trophy at age eleven in the Betetees Sorority talent show. She won her first pageant at age fifteen singing in the Miss Martin Luther King, Jr. pageant. She continued to compete in many other talent driven pageants in the U.S. and the Caribbean. She attended art-driven schools in Miami from elementary throughout college at Florida International University. She was a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader in 1996.
2005: American Idol
|Top 24||The Power of Love||Ashley Cleveland||Safe|
|Top 20||My Love||Paul McCartney||Safe|
|Top 16||Try A Little Tenderness||Otis Redding||Safe|
|Top 12||You Don't Have to Say You Love Me||Dusty Springfield||Safe|
|Top 11||Time After Time||Cyndi Lauper||Bottom 2|
|Top 10||I'm The Only One||Melissa Etheridge||Bottom 3|
|Top 9||As Long As He Needs Me||Oliver!||Safe|
|Top 8||When I Dream||Crystal Gayle||Eliminated|
2006–present: Post-American Idol
Since exiting American Idol, Turner has made guest appearances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Tony Danza Show and served as a guest host on The View in December, 2006.
Turner has performed and hosted many charities such as Big Brothers Big Sisters "Big Event" at the American Airlines Arena, UM Sylvester Cancer Foundation, The Pet Project, and SOS Children Village. She was invited to Kuwait by a bloodline of Kuwait's royal family to perform at a private New Year's Eve party.
Turner also performed at the 30th Anniversary Gala of FIU Biscayne Bay Campus. She hosted and performed at the post-game show at the home opening game of the 2007 season of the Florida Marlins at the Dolphin Stadium, along with fellow Idol contestants Ace Young, Mandisa, Anthony Fedorov, and Jessica Sierra.
Turner's debut album, entitled Standing On Love, is scheduled for an undetermined date, and is currently without a label.
In 2008, her single "Standing On Love" is part of the Edy's SlowChurned Icecream promotional CD "Hot Tracks" available for free with ice cream purchasing at participating stores. The disc also includes another seven tracks from former Idol performers. It was also released as a single with another song, "Beautiful Man."
|2005||"You Don't Have To Say You Love Me"||American Idol Season 4: The Showstoppers|
|2008||"Standing on Love"||Edy's SlowChurned Hot Tracks, Standing on Love - Single|
|"Beautiful Man"||Standing On Love - Single|
- Penton, Kelly (2005-05-11). "Mayor Manny Diaz and City Commissioners to Honor American IDOL Finalist Nadia Turner" (Press release). City of Miami - Office of Communications. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "The View recaps". ABC. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "Gala affair raises 'big' funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters efforts". Miami Herald. MyWire. 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "Best Miami Idol - Nadia Turner". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "Events Calendar". Nadia Turner (official website). Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- Gotten, Valerie (2007-02-12). "Inspirational Film 'Lord Help Us' Gets Star Cast and Distribution". California Newswire. Retrieved 2007-06-03.[dead link]