This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)
|• Type||Nadiad Municipality|
|• President||Ranjanben Vaghela|
|• City||45.16 km2 (17.44 sq mi)|
|• Metro||60.36 km2 (23.31 sq mi)|
|• Rank||8th in Gujarat|
|Elevation||35 m (115 ft)|
|• City||330,400 (2,021)|
|• Rank||13th in Gujarat|
|• Density||4,983.85/km2 (12,908.1/sq mi)|
|• Metro||630,400 (2,025 expected)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
387 001,387 002
Nadiad is a city in the state of Gujarat, India and the administrative centre of the Kheda district. The city is managed by the Nadiad Municipality. It is known for the Santram Mandir, the Mai Mandir, the historic Swaminarayan temple built in 1824, and the Anand and Hari Om Ashram. Nadiad is also where Shrimad Rajchandra composed Shri Atmasiddhi Shatra, a 142 verse spiritual treatise in 1895. Nadiad is located 90 kilometres (56 mi) away from Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat. It has a major railway junction and is a main station on the Ahmedabad-Mumbai route. It is the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Deputy Prime Minister of India. Nadiad Municipality was Founded in 1866.
Nadiad usually has mild winters and very hot summers, with an average of from 32 °C (90 °F) to 46 °C (115 °F), and an average rainfall from 70 centimetres (28 in) to 120 centimetres (47 in).
Santram Mandir is located in the center of the town. It is known for its charity work. This old temple is visited by people on the day of full moon. Marida Darwaja and Amdavadi Darwaja are also nearby.
Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra Rachnabhoomi
Shri Atmasiddhishastra Rachnabhoomi is a beautiful memorial that stands at the sanctified site of the creation of Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra in Nadiad. This is where Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra, a magnum opus of spirituality was composed by Shrimad Rajchandra, a great saint, poet and philosopher in 1895.  Shrimad Rajchandra composed the poetic version of the 6 fundamental truths of the Soul (which he had originally penned in a letter to Lallujiswami in 1893) called Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra in simple language, which could be easily understood and memorized.
When Shrimad Rajchandra was in Nadiad, Ambalalbhai had remained at his service throughout the trip. Once Shrimadji came back from a walk around the lake (which has now been transformed into the Jalmandir), he called for Ambalalbhai to bring a lantern and then he started writing Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra. 
When the composition of 142 verses was finished in little over 90 minutes, it was handed over to Ambalalbhai with the instructions to prepare four copies and to send them to three other people and one for himself. One was for Saubhagyabhai, one for Ambalalbhai, one for Lallujiswami and one for Maneklal Ghelabhai Zaveri.
Shri Atmasiddhi Shastra Rachnabhoomi has been restored by Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur using the original brick wall to preserve the holy vibrations and stay true to the era. Life-sized statues of Shrimadji and Ambalalbhai have been placed in the room, in the same stance as when the scripture was penned. Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur also beautified the lake and consecrated a five-foot three-inch idol of Shrimad Rajchandra in the centre. A walking track has been constructed around the lake for the community and visitors which provides a peaceful ambience to contemplate on the self.
Nadiad is Well Connected With Railway and Road Transport. Nadiad Junction railway station is Major Railway Station in Kheda District and Indian Railways's "A" Category Railway Station Located in Ahmedabad-Mumbai Main Line. Nadiad has two extra lines. One goes to Modasa and other one goes to Petlad. Nadiad Junction railway station has four platforms. Indian Railway is going to extend Modasa Line to Shamlaji. Nadiad has a major bus stand. Nadiad is Zonal Division in Charotar Region. Anand, Mahemdavad, Kapadvanj, Dakor, Mahudha, Borsad, Khambhat bus depot's Are Under Nadiad Division. Nadiad Division is Called by Amul. Nadiad is well connected to Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Surat, Rajkot by bus. Other interstate services are operated by Nadiad Division from Nadiad. Nearest airport is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport located in Ahmedabad and it is 65 km away from Nadiad.
As per provisional reports of Census India, population of Nadiad in 2011 is 218,095; of which male and female are 112,311 and 105,784 respectively. Although Nadiad city has population of 218,095; its urban / metropolitan population is 225,071 of which 115,903 are males and 109,168 are females.
- Mansukhram Tripathi (1840 – 1907), Gujarati writer
- Govardhanram Tripathi (1855 – 1907), Indian novelist, author of the epic Gujarati novel Saraswatichandra
- Balashankar Kantharia (1858 – 1898), Gujarati poet
- Manilal Dwivedi (1858 – 1898), Gujarati writer
- Vallabhbhai Patel (1875 – 1950), Indian politician
- Indulal Yagnik (1892 – 1972), Indian freedom fighter and writer, led Mahagujarat movement demanding separate statehood to Gujarat
- Bakul Tripathi (1928 – 2006), Indian humorist
- Dinsha Patel (born 1937), Indian politician
- Amar Gupta (born 1953), Indian computer scientist
- Praful Patel (born 1957), Indian politician and businessman
- Axar Patel (born 1994), Indian cricketer
- Babubhai Patel, Indian politician
- Vishvesh Parmar, Indian singer
- Abdul Karim Nadiadwala, Indian film producer, grandfather of Sajid Nadiadwala
- Mohsin Khan, Indian Television Actor
Some of the educational institutes located in Nadiad are:
- Dharamsinh Desai University
- C. B. Patel Arts College
- Uni Trust Surajba Mahila Arts College
- Nadiad Ayurveda College
- J & J College of Science
- Dinsha Patel College of Nursing
- Dr.N.D.Desai Faculty Of Medical Science And Research
- Shri Mai Mandir. maimandir.org.
- Temples in Nadiad. nadiad.in.
- Hari Om Mota. hariommota.org.
- Jaini, Jagmandarlal. The Atma-Siddhi: (or the Self-Realization) of Shrimad Rajchandra. Shrimad Rajchandra Gyan Pracharak Trust.
- "History of Nagarpalika – Nadiad Nagarpalika".
- Doshi, Manu. Shrimad Rajchandra's Atmasiddhi. Koba: Srimad Rajachandra Adhyatmik Sadhana Kendra.
- "Shri Atmasiddhishastra Rachnabhoomi, Nadiad · Shri Atmasiddhishastra Rachnabhoomi, Nana Kumbhnath Rd, near Ipcowala Hall, Shanti Nagar, Nadiad, Gujarat 387001, India".