Nadim Asfar (born in 1976 in Beirut, Lebanon) is a Lebanese photographer and filmmaker. He studied cinematography at the Académie Libanaise des Beaux-Arts ALBA Beirut and then photography at the École Nationale Supérieure Louis Lumière (Paris).
Nadim Asfar positions himself as an investigator on the language of images. His photographs and films attempt to capture his relationship to the outside world.
He presented his first solo exhibition “Juin” at Fadi Mogabgab Gallery (Beirut), in 2004. In 2005, he was part of "Regards des photographes arabes contemporains", a collective exhibition of Arab photographers at the Institut du Monde Arabe in Paris. He showed a comprehensive selection of works in “Immaterial World”, organized in 2008 by Naila Kettaneh Kunigk and Sandra Dagher. In 2009, his project Innenleben was selected in Exposure, the Beirut Art Center’s first annual presentation of emerging artists. The same work was published in the Issue 20 / Talent of Foam Magazine and later on presented in Galerie Tanit's booth at Paris Photo.
His most popular series is the Constellations. Each piece is a grid composition of 35 pictures Nadim Asfar shot from the balcony of his apartment. Over the years, he catches city life in a way that could remind a security camera.
- Yasmine Hamdan, Deny (2013)
- Everyday Madonna (2009)
- Empreinte (2007)
- Trouble (2000)
- Nadim Asfar. Constellations (Galerie Tanit, 2010)
- Young Plastician Artist Award, Salon d’Automne, Paris, 2002
- First Prize for Lebanese Short Film, European Film Festival, Beirut, 2001
- Jury Prize, Docudays Festival, Beirut, 2001
- Where I end and you begin, Galerie Tanit, Beirut, 2016
- Nadim Asfar, OU Marseille, 2011
- Immaterial World, Naila Kettaneh Kunigk, Beirut, 2008
- Juin, Fady Mogabgab Gallery, Beirut, 2003
- Naughty, Over the Counter, Beirut, 2009
- Liquid Archives, Platform 3, Munich, 2009
- Third Eye, Selma Feriani, London, 2009
- Exposure, Beirut Art Center, 2009
- Jordan Festival, Amman, 2008
- Regards des Photographes Arabes Contemporains, Institut du Monde Arabe, Paris, 2006
- Dominique Raizon (2011-05-05). "Nadim ASFAR un partenariat FID-OÙ". Marseille Expos. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Galerie Tanit. The Artists: Nadim Asfar". Galerie Tanit. Archived from the original on 28 April 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Regards des photographes arabes contemporains". Institut du Monde Arabe. 2005. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Exhibition Tour: Nadim Asfar 'Immaterial World'". Galerie Tanit. 2008. Archived from the original on 25 September 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Jörg Colberg (2009). "Issue #20 / Talent / Nadim Asfar". Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Matthew Mosley (May 14, 2011). "A constellation of Beirut's beauty". The Daily Star. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Nadim Asfar WHERE I END AND YOU BEGIN". Galerie Tanit. 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2018.