Velazquez c. 2006
November 20, 1978 |
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Spouse(s)||Marc Provissiero (m. 2005; div. 2011)|
Nadine E. Velazquez (born November 20, 1978) is an American actress and model known for her roles as Catalina Aruca on My Name Is Earl and Sofia Ruxin on The League. She has also appeared in films such as War and Flight, and is a cast member on the TV series Major Crimes.
Velazquez was born in Chicago, Illinois. She is of Puerto Rican descent. After graduating from Notre Dame High School for Girls, she earned a BA in marketing from Columbia College Chicago in 2001.
Velazquez has appeared in print ads, television, and film. Her first acting role was a McDonald's commercial as a drive-through lady. She was originally cast as Fernando Sucre's girlfriend, Maricruz Delgado, in the Fox television series Prison Break, but acquired a role in My Name Is Earl instead. Her first film roles were in the movie War with Jet Li and Jason Statham, and in the Oxygen Network original television film Husband for Hire. She starred in the NBC series My Name Is Earl as Catalina Aruca. She was one of the actors in the 2006 monologue show Skirts & Flirts In 2006, she was named #39 in the annual Maxim Hot 100 list. Velaquez was one of the judges in the Miss Universe 2008 beauty pageant and the host for the Miss USA 2009 pageant.
In 2011 Velazquez appeared in the pilot of ABC's Charlie's Angels as Gloria Martinez, one of Charlie's hired "Angels". Her character was killed off after a few minutes of screen time and was replaced by Minka Kelly. She appears in a recurring role in FX's fantasy football sitcom The League and on The CW's comedy-drama Hart of Dixie.
In 2012, Velazquez appeared in the movie Flight, playing flight attendant Katerina Marquez, a supporting role opposite the main protagonist character played by Denzel Washington. In 2013, Velazquez reunited with her former My Name is Earl cast members for a guest appearance in Raising Hope. Velazquez joined the main cast of the TNT series Major Crimes, beginning with season two. She plays Emma Rios, a DA, who is a romantic interest of Raymond Cruz's Julio Sanchez. Cruz played Paco, her boy-friend, on My Name is Earl.
|2003||Bold and the Beautiful, TheThe Bold and the Beautiful||Anna|
|2004||Entourage||Janeen||Episode: "New York"|
|2005||Las Vegas||Myra Gonzalez||Episode: "Mothwoman"|
|2005–2009||My Name Is Earl||Catalina Aruca||96 episodes|
|2009||CSI: NY||Marcia Vasquez||Episode: "Dead Reckoning"|
|2009||Gary Unmarried||Sophia||Episode: "Gary and Allison's Friend"|
|2009–2015||League, TheThe League||Sofia||24 episodes|
|2010||Scrubs||Nicole||Episode: "Our True Lies"|
|2010||CSI: Miami||Sarah Walker||Episode: "Sudden Death"|
|2010||Hawaii Five-0||Linda Leon||Episode: "Ko'olauloa"|
|2011||Charlie's Angels||Gloria Martinez||Episode: "Angel with a Broken Wing"|
|2011–2012||Hart of Dixie||Didi Ruano||6 episodes|
|2013||Raising Hope||Valentina||Episode: "Making the Band"|
|2013||Arrested Development||Rosalita||Episode: "It Gets Better"|
|2013||Real Husbands of Hollywood||Herself||3 Episodes|
|2013–2014||Major Crimes||D.D.A. Emma Rios||15 episodes|
|2014||Killer Women||Martina Alvarez||Episode: "La Sicaria"|
- Nadine Velazquez, Actress (profile) – Cook County (IL) Clerk's Office.
- Vaccino, Steven. "Celebrity College Flashback: Nadine Velazquez," U.S. News & World Report, September 26, 2008.
- Maxim October 8. 2008, p. 78
- Gloria Calderon Kellett (March 14, 2006). "Skirts and Flirts Premieres at The Hudson Mainstage Theatre". LatinHeatOnline.com. Retrieved January 24, 2008.
- Nadine Velazquez of 2006 Hott 100 on Maxim.com
- Conversations with Ross, Featuring Nadine Velazquez
- Roots, Kimberly. (January 23, 2013) Raising Hope Season 3 Cast – My Name Is Earl Reunion. TVLine. Retrieved on July 13, 2013.
- Nadine Velazquez to be a Series Regular on TNT’s ‘Major Crimes’ - Ratings. TV by the Numbers. Retrieved on July 13, 2013.
- Lina Das (August 30, 2008). "Earl's girl: Nadine Velazquez". Daily Mail. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Nadine Velazquez (December 29, 2013). "Nadine Velazquez's blog: Goodbye 2013". Nadine Velazquez. Retrieved January 7, 2013.