||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Uhl in 2008
23 May 1972 |
Stralsund, East Germany
|Education||University of Music and Theatre Leipzig|
|Height||5' 6¼" (1,68 m)|
|Children||Paulina Eva Mia Theiva Uhl, Elena Ida Elisabeth Uhl|
Cherry Blossoms (2009) The Baader Meinhof Komplex (2008) Twin Sisters (2005)The Legend of Rita (2001)
Nadja Uhl (born 23 May 1972) is a German actress.
She studied at the Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy College of Music and Theatre in Leipzig between 1990 and 1994, beginning her career as a theatre actress at the Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam in 1994. There, she opened a music hall with her companion Kay Bockhold in 2006.
She first appeared in a film in 1993 (Thomas Koerfer's Der Grüne Heinrich, playing Agnes' role), but in 2000 she attracted international attention acting in Volker Schlöndorff's The Legend of Rita (Die Stille nach dem Schuß). In this film she played Tatjana, an East German waitress who rebels against the system of her country. Due to her work in this film, she won the Silver Bear for Best Actress at the Berlin International Film Festival and was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Deutscher Filmpreis (German Film Awards).
In 2002 she appeared in Twin Sisters (De Tweeling), directed by Dutch director Ben Sombogaart and based on the novel The Twins, a bestseller by Tessa de Loo. Here she played Anna, Lotte's sister. They are separated from each other after the death of their parents; the Second World War and the Holocaust will consolidate their situation. The film was a 76th Academy Awards nominee for Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film of 2003.
In 2008 she participated in Uli Edel's Der Baader Meinhof Komplex, based on the bestseller of the same title by Stefan Aust; the film and the book are based on real events. In the film, Nadja Uhl plays Brigitte Mohnhaupt, a member of the Red Army Faction (Rote Armee Fraktion or R.A.F., a German terrorist group of Marxist ideology active from the late 1960s to 1998), and leader of its second generation. Also in 2008, Nadja Uhl participated in a TV production, also based on real events, about the Lufthansa Flight 181 hijacking (during the German Autumn of 1977), which was perpetrated by four terrorists of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine in collusion with the R.A.F. Here, Nadja Uhl plays flight attendant Gabriele Dillmann, who was one of the victims of the hijacking. Coincidentally, at the moment of the hijacking, the R.A.F.'s leader was Brigitte Mohnhaupt.
In an interview with ZEIT-magazin, Nadja Uhl stated that she is still in love with her home country, the German Democratic Republik (GDR) "in spite of everything".
Nadja Uhl has a daughter, born 28 October 2006.
Filmography and roles
- Der Grüne Heinrich (1993) … Agnes
- Zerrissene Herzen (1996, TV) … Britta
- Polizeiruf 110: Kleine Dealer, große Träume (TV series, season 25, episode 4, 19 February 1996) … Bibi
- Alarmcode 112 (TV series aired on 25 September 1996)
- First Love - Die große Liebe (television series aired in 1997) … Wolke
- Tatort: Eiskalt (TV series, episode 370, 28 September 1997) … Petra Schächter
- Mein ist die Rache (1997, TV) … Evi
- Beichtstuhl der Begierde (1997, TV)
- Mörderisches Erbe - Tausch mit einer Toten (1998, TV) … Helen Braddy
- Blutiger Ernst (1998, TV) … Marysa Heeren
- Gefährliche Lust - Ein Mann in Versuchung (1998, TV) … Sophie
- Stan Becker - Auf eigene Faust (1998, TV) … Laura Basenius
- Ufos über Waterlow (1998, TV)
- No Sex (1999, TV) … Isabell Jacobi
- Schnee in der Neujahrsnacht (1999) … Nora
- Verrat (2000)
- Die Stille nach dem Schuß (2000) … Tatjana
- Verhängnisvolles Glück (2000, TV) … Gloria
- La Volpe a tre zampe (2001) … Doris
- My Sweet Home (2001) … Anke
- What to Do in Case of Fire? (2001) … Nele
- Scherbentanz (2002) … Zitrone
- De Tweeling (2002) … Anna
- Das Wunder von Lengede (2003, TV) … Helga Wolbert
- Lautlos (2004) … Nina
- Mord am Meer (2005, TV) … Paula Reinhardt
- Sommer vorm Balkon (2005) … Nicole "Nike" Pawelsky
- Artour (TV series)
- Dornröschen erwacht (2006, TV) … Juliane Meybach
- Die Sturmflut (2006, TV) … Katja Döbbelin
- Vier Minuten (2006) … Nadine Hoffmann
- Nicht alle waren Mörder (2006, TV) … Anna Degen
- Kirschblüten - Hanami (2008) … Franzi
- Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (2008) … Brigitte Mohnhaupt
- Mogadischu (2008, TV) … flight attendant Gabriele Dillmann
- So glücklich war ich noch nie (2009) … Tanja
- Men in the City (Männerherzen) (2009) … Susanne Feldberg
- Die Stunde der Nutria (2009, TV) … Tania Bartko
- Die Toten vom Schwarzwald (2009, TV) … Inka
- Jungle Child (2011) … Doris Kuegler
- The Tower (2012, TV) … Josta Fischer
- Tannbach (2015)