Nafferton railway station
|Local authority||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Number of platforms||2|
Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Nafferton from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Nafferton railway station serves the village of Nafferton in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is located on the Yorkshire Coast Line and is operated by Northern that provides all passenger train services. In 1985, the station and the adjoining station master's house were given Grade II listed building status.
It is unstaffed and has no ticket machine, so tickets must be bought in advance or on the train. There are waiting shelters and timetable information posters on each platform. Step-free access is available to both, via the automatic level crossing if travelling south.
The station has a similar service level to that at neighbouring Hutton Cranswick: hourly trains on weekdays to Hull and Bridlington, with additional calls at peak periods. Some southbound trains run through to Doncaster or Sheffield. On Sundays, there is a two-hourly service in each direction.
- Historic England. "Railway Station and Station Master's House (1162169)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- Nafferton station facilities National Rail Enquiries; Retrieved 8 December 2016
- Table 43 National Rail timetable, December 2016
- Fawcett, Bill (2001) A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture. Volume 1: The Pioneers. North Eastern Railway Association, ISBN 1-873513-34-8.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nafferton railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Nafferton railway station from National Rail
- Historic England. "Details from image database (166938)". Images of England.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Yorkshire Coast Line
Station closed; Line open
|This article on a railway station in Yorkshire and the Humber is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|