|Born||Subha Nagalakshmi Munchetty-Chendriah
25 February 1975
Streatham, London, England
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
|Occupation||Journalist, presenter, news presenter|
|Notable credit(s)||BBC Breakfast
BBC World News
Sunday Morning Live
Naga Munchetty (born Subha Nagalakshmi Munchetty-Chendriah on 25 February 1975), also known by her married name Naga Haggar, is an English journalist and newsreader.
She regularly presents BBC One's BBC World News, BBC Breakfast and Victoria Derbyshire. She is also a former presenter of BBC Two's weekday financial affairs programme Working Lunch. In January 2017, she temporarily left Breakfast to provide maternity cover for Newsnight as their acting business editor.
Early life and career
Munchetty was born and raised in Streatham, London, England. Her parents are of Tamil and Mauritian descent. Munchetty was educated at Graveney School in Tooting. She then studied English Literature and English Language at Leeds University.
Munchetty's television career began as a reporter for Reuters Financial Television, after which she worked as a senior producer for CNBC Europe, a business producer and reporter for Channel 4 News and a presenter on Bloomberg Television.
Munchetty joined Working Lunch after the show was revamped in October 2008 and stayed with the programme until it was cancelled in July 2010. Munchetty has hosted Radio 4's Money Box. She also reports from the City for BBC News, gauging the reaction to breaking financial stories such as the Budget, and the Pre-Budget Report.
Munchetty also presented Paranormal Investigation: Live on Living on 30–31 October 2010 to celebrate Hallowe'en. Munchetty narrated the BBC documentary Fear and Faith in Paris looking at anti-Semitic attacks in Paris and their impact on the Jewish community of France. She won Celebrity Mastermind, which was broadcast on 2 January 2013. In June 2016, she replaced Sian Williams as presenter of Sunday Morning Live on BBC One. On 26 August 2016, Munchetty presented an episode of Newsnight on BBC Two.
Munchetty has a passion for music. She plays jazz trumpet and classical piano. She also has a talent for making cocktails, a skill she learned while working in bars and pubs during her student days. She lives with her husband, James Haggar.
She admitted to a passion for playing golf at least five times a week, and stated that she would like to take up the game as a professional. She plays off a handicap of nine. In October 2012 Naga, playing under her married name, won the Hertfordshire de Paula Cup at Bishop's Stortford Golf Club.
- Naga Munchetty BBC News, 3 October 2008
- BBC's Working Lunch show to end BBC News, 23 April 2010
- Money Box BBC Radio 4, 24 July 2010
- The Full Story: Budget 2010 BBC News, 24 March 2010
- The Full Story: Pre-Budget report BBC News, 9 December 2009
- "Breakfast". BBC. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- The Spending Review – The South Today Debate BBC One, 9 September 2010
- The Host – Naga Munchetty Paranormal Investigation: Live, Living TV
-  The Express, 03 September 2016
- Naga Munchetty becomes latest Strictly Come Dancing contestant BBC News, 18 August 2016
- The Scotsman, 'Naga Munchetty on how golf has changed her life' 18 July 2015
- Hertfordshire de Paula Cup hosted by Bishop's Stortford Golf Club Friday 5 – Sunday 7 October 2012