25 February 1975 |
|Alma mater||University of London|
|Occupation||Journalism, presenter, news presenter|
|Notable credit(s)||BBC Breakfast BBC World News BBC News Asia Today Newsnight|
Naga Munchetty (born on 25 February 1975) is a British Indian television presenter and journalist. She regularly presented BBC One's BBC World News, BBC Breakfast and Victoria Derbyshire. She is also a former presenter of BBC Two's weekday financial affairs programme Working Lunch. In January 2017, she temporarily left Breakfast to provide maternity cover for Newsnight as their acting business editor.
Munchetty's television career began as a reporter for Reuters Financial Television, after which she worked as a senior producer for CNBC Europe, a business producer and reporter for Channel 4 News and a presenter on Bloomberg Television.
Munchetty joined Working Lunch after the show was revamped in October 2008 and stayed with the programme until it was cancelled in July 2010. Munchetty has hosted Radio 4's Money Box. She also reports from the City for BBC News, gauging the reaction to breaking financial stories such as the Budget, and the Pre-Budget Report.
Munchetty is currently a director of Naga Munchetty Limited (Companies house number 06603058). She is also paid between £150,000 and £199,999 in salary by the BBC.
Munchetty also presented Paranormal Investigation: Live on Living on 30–31 October 2010 to celebrate Hallowe'en. Munchetty narrated the BBC documentary Fear and Faith in Paris looking at anti-Semitic attacks in Paris and their impact on the Jewish community of France. She won Celebrity Mastermind, which was broadcast on 2 January 2013. In June 2016, she replaced Sian Williams as presenter of Sunday Morning Live on BBC One. In 2017, she was replaced by Emma Barnett and Sean Fletcher. On 26 August 2016, Munchetty presented an episode of Newsnight on BBC Two.
- Naga Munchetty BBC News, 3 October 2008
- BBC's Working Lunch show to end BBC News, 23 April 2010
- Money Box BBC Radio 4, 24 July 2010
- The Full Story: Budget 2010 BBC News, 24 March 2010
- The Full Story: Pre-Budget report BBC News, 9 December 2009
- "Breakfast". BBC. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- The Spending Review – The South Today Debate BBC One, 9 September 2010
- The Host – Naga Munchetty Paranormal Investigation: Live, Living TV
- Naga Munchetty becomes latest Strictly Come Dancing contestant BBC News, 18 August 2016
- The Scotsman, 'Naga Munchetty on how golf has changed her life' 18 July 2015
- "Hertfordshire de Paula Cup hosted by Bishop's Stortford Golf Club. Friday 5 – Sunday 7 October 2012". Bishop's Stortford Golf Club. Archived from the original on 4 March 2015. Retrieved 23 August 2017.