Shaurya at the teaser release event of Ammammagarillu (2018)
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Naga Shaurya Mulpuri (born Mallikam Sai Nithin), is an Indian film actor known for his works in Telugu cinema. He made his debut with the 2011 Telugu film Cricket, Girls And Beer. He then starred in the National Award-winning anthology film, Chandamama Kathalu (2014). He then continued to star in box-office hits such as Oohalu Gusagusalade (2014), Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya (2014), Jyo Achyutananda (2016), and Chalo (2018). He has established himself as a popular hero in Telugu cinema.
Shaurya was born in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh and lived for several years in Vijayawada, before moving to Hyderabad to pursue his dream of acting in films. Prior to entering the film industry, he played tennis.
Before he got his first role, he struggled for almost five years. He stated, "Every time I was on the verge of signing a film, something or the other would happen and I was back to square one", and added that he was "disappointed and wanted to go back to my parents". He then saw an advertisement by Vaaraahi Chalana Chitram, who were casting for Srinivas Avasarala's romantic comedy Oohalu Gusagusalade and sent in his portfolio. Although he had no hopes, he was selected for the lead role. While working on Oohalu Gusagualade, he was selected for a role in Chandamama Kathalu which became his first release. An anthology film, it featured Shaurya as part of an ensemble cast, with him having about 20 minute screen time in the film.
Oohalu Gusagusalaade released two months later and became a critical and commercial success. Critics noted that Shaurya "deliver(s) (a) commendable performance" and was "perfect as the boy next door". His third release that year, Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya, was again a romantic comedy. A triangular love story directed by Trikoti, it was about a son and father falling for the same girl. The Hindu wrote about his performance, "Naga Shaurya proves yet again that he's one of the best among the newer lot of actors. He brings in the required innocence of a teenager and shows his anguish and helplessness in the later portions effectively". Shaurya final release of the year was Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki alongside Avika Gor. His next release was the 2015 film Jadoogadu under the direction of Yogie opposite Sonarika Bhadoria.
He next appeared in Ramesh Varma's Abbayitho Ammayi whose music is by Maestro Ilayaraja and Kalayana Vaibogame being directed by Nandini Reddy. Kalyana Vaibhogame garnered positive feedback to Shaurya. He then starred in the film Oka Manasu which was directed by G. V. Rama Raju. It ended up receiving poor reviews from critics and could not do well at the box office. His last release in 2016 was Nee Jathaleka which was the first film he signed. It got poor reviews from critics.
In 2017, Naga Shaurya played an extended cameo in the film Kathalo Rajakumari which was given poor reviews from the critics because of its extremely slow pace.
In 2018, Naga Shaurya gained recognition with the hit film Chalo. It garnered positive reviews from critics and his and Rashmika Mandanna's performances were praised. Barely two months later, he starred in the Tamil-Telugu bilingual known as Diya in Tamil and Kanam in Telugu. It garnered positive reviews from critics. One month later, he starred in the family entertainer Ammammagarillu which was given average reviews by critics and had an average run at the box office. On August 27, Nartanasala released to horrible reviews from critics who hated the film for its approach on gay people. It was a disaster at the box office.
Childhood and Education
Schooling Degree received
|2011||Cricket Girls and Beer||Vikram|
|Oohalu Gusagusalade||Venkateswara Rao|
|Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya||Madhu|
|Lakshmi Rave Maa Intiki||Sai|
|Jyo Achyutananda||Anand Vardhan Rao|
|Nee Jathaleka||Akhil||First film he signed, delayed release for almost 5 years|
|2017||Kathalo Rajakumari||Shourya||Extended Cameo appearance|
|2018||Chalo||Hari||Produced the film as well|
|Diya||Krishna||Bilingual movie Tamil and Telugu|
|2019||Oh Baby||Vikram||Released on July 5, 2019|
- "You need at least 15-20 years to attain stardom : Naga Shaurya". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Naga Shaurya: The newest kid on the block". Deccanchronicle.com. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Naga Shaurya Interview | Oohalu Gusagusalade Hero | Chandamama Kathalu | Avasarala Srinivas - Interviews". CineGoer.net. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Oohalu Gusagusalade Movie Review". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Oohalu Gusagusalade Movie Review | oohalu gusagusalaade telugu movie review | Oohalu Gusagusalade Telugu Review". 123telugu.com. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "I want to do more edgy films, says Naga Shaurya". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Sangeetha Devi Dundoo (10 October 2014). "Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya: Of messy romances". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Rajamouli praises Naga Shaurya". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (24 June 2016). "Oka Manasu: The hopeless romantics". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Nee Jathaleka telugu movie review | Nee Jathaleka Movie Review & Rating | Naga Shourya Nee Jathaleka Movie Review | Naga Shourya Nee Jathaleka telugu cinema review | Nee Jathaleka Film Review | Nee Jathaleka Telugu Review | Nee Jathaleka Twitter Updates | Nee Jathaleka movie First Day TalK | Nee Jathaleka Review | Nee Jathaleka USA Talk | 123telugu.com". 123telugu.com. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2018.