Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Naga Shaurya Mulpuri is an Indian film actor known for his works in Telugu cinema. He made his debut with the 2011 Telugu film Cricket, Girls And Beer. He then starred in the National Award-winning anthology film, Chandamama Kathalu (2014). He then continued to star in box-office hits such as Oohalu Gusagusalade (2014), Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya (2014), Jyo Achyutananda (2016), and Chalo (2018). He has established himself as a popular hero in Telugu cinema.
Shaurya was born in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh and lived for several years in Vijayawada, before moving to Hyderabad to pursue his dream of acting in films. Prior to entering the film industry, he played tennis.
Before he got his first role, he struggled for almost five years. He stated, "Every time I was on the verge of signing a film, something or the other would happen and I was back to square one", and added that he was "disappointed and wanted to go back to my parents". He then saw an advertisement by Vaaraahi Chalana Chitram, who were casting for Srinivas Avasarala's romantic comedy Oohalu Gusagusalade and sent in his portfolio. Although he had no hopes, he was selected for the lead role. While working on Oohalu Gusagualade, he was selected for a role in Chandamama Kathalu which became his first release. An anthology film, it featured Shaurya as part of an ensemble cast, with him having about 20 minute screen time in the film.
Oohalu Gusagusalaade released two months later and became a critical and commercial success. Critics noted that Shaurya "deliver(s) (a) commendable performance" and was "perfect as the boy next door". His third release that year, Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya, was again a romantic comedy. A triangular love story directed by Trikoti, it was about a son and father falling for the same girl. The Hindu wrote about his performance, "Naga Shaurya proves yet again that he's one of the best among the newer lot of actors. He brings in the required innocence of a teenager and shows his anguish and helplessness in the later portions effectively". Shaurya final release of the year was Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki alongside Avika Gor. His next release was the 2015 film Jadoogadu under the direction of Yogie opposite Sonarika Bhadoria.
He next appeared in Ramesh Varma's Abbayitho Ammayi whose music is by Maestro Ilayaraja and Kalayana Vaibogame being directed by Nandini Reddy. Kalyana Vaibhogame garnered positive feedback to Shaurya.
|2011||Cricket Girls and Beer||Vikram|
|Oohalu Gusagusalade||Venkateswara Rao|
|Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya||Madhu|
|Lakshmi Rave Maa Intiki||Sai|
|Jyo Achyutananda||Anand Vardhan Rao|
|Nee Jathaleka||Akhil||First film he signed, delayed release for almost 5 years|
|2017||Kathalo Rajakumari||Shourya||Extended cameo appearance|
|2018||Chalo||Hari||Produced the film as well|
|Diya||Krishna||Bilingual movie Tamil and Telugu|
- "You need at least 15-20 years to attain stardom : Naga Shaurya". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-09-10. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Naga Shaurya: The newest kid on the block". Deccanchronicle.com. 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Naga Shaurya Interview | Oohalu Gusagusalade Hero | Chandamama Kathalu | Avasarala Srinivas - Interviews". CineGoer.net. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Oohalu Gusagusalade Movie Review". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Oohalu Gusagusalade Movie Review | oohalu gusagusalaade telugu movie review | Oohalu Gusagusalade Telugu Review". 123telugu.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "I want to do more edgy films, says Naga Shaurya". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- Sangeetha Devi Dundoo (2014-10-10). "Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya: Of messy romances". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "Rajamouli praises Naga Shaurya". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 2015-04-17.