Nagai City Hall
Location of Nagai in Yamagata Prefecture
|• Total||214.67 km2 (82.88 sq mi)|
|Population (October 2015)|
|• Density||130/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Address||5-1 Mamanoue, Nagai-shi, Yamagata-ken 993-8601|
Nagai has a humid continental climate (Köppen climate classification Dfa) with very warm summers and cool winters. Precipitation is plentiful throughout the year, although the months from February to June have somewhat less rainfall.
The area of present-day Nagai was part of Dewa Province. The modern city of Nagai was founded on November 15, 1954.
The economy of Nagai is based on agriculture and light manufacturing.
Nagai has six elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools.
- JR East - Yonesaka Line
- Yamagata Railway Company - Flower Nagai Line
Twin towns — Sister cities
- - Bad Säckingen, Waldshut, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, since May 8, 1983
- – Shuangyashan, Heilongjiang, China, since May 21, 1992
- Hirofumi Watanabe, professional soccer player
- "International Exchange". List of Affiliation Partners within Prefectures. Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR). Retrieved 21 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nagai, Yamagata.|
- Official website (in Japanese)