Nagai Station (Osaka)
|Location||Nagaihigashi Yonchome, Sumiyoshi, Osaka, Osaka
Nagai Station (長居駅, Nagai eki) is a railway station in Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka, Japan. The station is served by the Hanwa Line of West Japan Railway Company (JR West) and the Midōsuji Line of Osaka Municipal Subway; the former uses elevated tracks and the latter uses underground tracks. The subway station is assigned the station number M26. Nagai is located south of Tennoji in Sumiyoshi-ku and maintains Nagai Park and Nagai Stadium, an international standard football stadium home to the J-League team Cerezo Osaka.
JR West Hanwa Line
JR station building
|Location||3-52, Nagaihigashi Yonchome, Sumiyoshi, Osaka, Osaka
|Operated by||JR West|
|Previous names||Rinnanji-mae (until 1944)|
This station is administrated by Sakaishi Station. When it was located on the ground level, Nagai Station had two island platforms serving 2 tracks each. The station is currently elevated (northbound in 2004, southbound in 2006) and has two side platforms serving a track each. Ticket gate is located in the north under the platforms and tracks.
|1||■ Hanwa Line||for Ōtori, Hineno and Wakayama|
|2||■ Hanwa Line||for Tennōji|
Osaka Municipal Subway Midosuji Line
|Osaka Municipal Subway|
|Location||6-5, Nagaihigashi Yonchome, Sumiyoshi, Osaka, Osaka
|Operated by||Osaka Municipal Subway|
The station has two side platforms serving two tracks on the second basement. Ticket gates are located in the north and the south on the first basement.
|1||■ Midosuji Line||for Abiko and Nakamozu|
|2||■ Midosuji Line||for Tennōji, Namba, Umeda and Senri-Chūō|
- Nagai Stadium
- Nagai Ball Gall Field (Kincho Stadium)
- Nagai Aid Stadium
- Nagai Pool
- Nagai Youth Hostel
- Nagai Botanical Garden
- Osaka Museum of Natural History
- Osaka Gakugei Senior High School
- Osaka Gakugei Secondary School
- Osaka Municipal Nagai Elementary School
- Osaka Municipal Abiko Junior High School
Shopping and Finance
- Supermarket Life Nagai
- Kansai Super Nagai
- Nagai Hondori Shotengai
- The Kinki Osaka Bank Nagai Branch
- The Senshu-Ikeda Bank Nagai Branch
- The Juso Shinkin Bank Nagai Branch
- Japan Post Group
- Sumiyoshi Nagai Post Office
- Sumiyoshi Nagai-4 Post Office
- Sumiyoshi Nagai-higashi Post Office
- Subway Nagai (Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau)
- Nagainishi Nichome (Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau)
- Route 24 for Sumiyoshi Shako-mae / for Minami-Nagai
- Route 40 for Sumiyoshi Shako-mae / for Deto Bus Terminal
- 1929-07-18 - Rinnanji-mae Station (臨南寺前駅?) on Hanwa Electric Railway opened.
- 1940-12-01 - Hanwa Electric Railway became the Yamanote Line of Nankai Railway.
- 1944-05-01 - Yamanote Line was nationalized and became the Hanwa Line. Rinnanji-mae Station was renamed Nagai Station.
- 1960-07-01 - Nagai Station on the Osaka Municipal Subway Midōsuji Line opened.
- 2004-10-16- Hanwa Line northbound station was elevated.
- 2006-05-21 - Hanwa Line southbound station was elevated.
Stations next to Nagai
|West Japan Railway Company (JR West) Hanwa Line|
|Regional Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|B Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|Direct Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|Kansai Airport Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|Kishuji Rapid Service: Does not stop at this station|
|Osaka Municipal Subway Midōsuji Line (M26)|
|Nishitanabe (M25)||-||Abiko (M27)|