Nagaland Board of School Education
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Formation||November 15, 1973|
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Kohima, Nagaland, India|
Nagaland Board of School Education (abbreviated as NBSE) is a board of school education in state of Nagaland, India. NBSE is state agency of Government of Nagaland in India, it is responsible for promotion and development of secondary and higher secondary education in Nagaland.
The Nagaland Board of School Education is basically instituted:
- To prescribe courses of instruction for examinations,
- To prescribe conditions of examinations, conduct examinations and be responsible for making necessary arrangements for the same,
- To publish the results of external examinations,
- To prepare the curricula, syllabus and textbooks in accordance with the approved courses of study.
Some of its functions are:
- To guide the State Government on development of school education - secondary and higher secondary level.
- To adopt reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- To inspect schools to ascertain attainment of standards.
- To organise seminars, workshops for teachers and heads of institutions.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), India
- "About Us". Nbsenagaland.com. Retrieved 2013-10-13.