Nagareyama City Hall
Location of Nagareyama in Chiba Prefecture
|• Mayor||Yoshiharu Izaki (since May 2003)|
|• Total||35.28 km2 (13.62 sq mi)|
|Population (April 2012)|
|• Density||4,720/km2 (12,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Address||1-1-1, Heiwadai, Nagareyama-shi, Chiba-ken 270-0192|
Nagareyama is located in the far northwestern corner of Chiba Prefecture, bordered by the Edogawa River to the west.
During the Edo period, Nagareyama was a river port on the Edogawa River. After the Meiji Restoration, Nagareyama Town was created in Inba District, Chiba Prefecture on April 1, 1889. On January 1, 1952, it merged with neighboring Edogawa Town to form a new Nagareyama Town. Nagareyama became a city on January 1, 1967.
- Ryūtetsu - Nagareyama Line
- Tobu Railway - Tobu Noda Line
- East Japan Railway Company (JR East) - Musashino Line
- Metropolitan Intercity Railway Company - Tsukuba Express
Twin towns — Sister cities
Nagareyama is twinned with:
Noted people from Nagareyama
- The fictional Nagarekawa of Locodol is based on Nagareyama. After the anime's release, the characters have become the city's official tourism concierge.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nagareyama, Chiba.|
- Nagareyama City official website (Japanese)