|Municipality of Nagcarlan|
Map of Laguna with Nagcarlan highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||August 24, 1583 |
|Barangays||52 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Nelson M. Osuna|
|• Electorate||36,753 voters (2016)|
|• Total||78.10 km2 (30.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||229.0 m (751.3 ft)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||810/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)49|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||138,096,175.86 (2016)|
Nagcarlan, officially the Municipality of Nagcarlan, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Nagcarlan), is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Laguna, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 63,057 people.
It is 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) northeast of San Pablo City, or 103 kilometres (64 mi) south of Manila. The town is home to the Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery, one of the most important cemeteries in the Philippines which has been declared as an Important Cultural Property for its outstanding value to the nation.
- Kanluran Kabubuhayan
- Silangan Kabubuhayan
- Kanluran Lazaan
- Silangan Lazaan
- Poblacion I (Poblacion)
- Poblacion II (Poblacion)
- Poblacion III (Poblacion)
- San Francisco
- Silangan Napapatid
- Silangan Ilaya
- Santa Lucia
|Population census of Nagcarlan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Nagcarlan, Laguna, was 63,057 people, with a density of 810 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,100 inhabitants per square mile.
Nagcarlan has clean flowing rivers, gushing water falls, calm lakes and lush hills and mountains. Historic Spanish colonial sites, restaurants with competitive and affordable dishes, resorts and vacation house and a plethora of welcoming people.
Lack of promotion has caused this town to be overlooked by tourist and that is why locals have made their own ways to promote this town through blogging websites and conducting nature oriented activities like hiking and running.
Notable people from Nagcarlan
- [Guillermo Igay Aynaga, Sr.] a.k.a. Colonel Bill Igay organizer Fil-American Irregular Troop [Fil-American guerrilla
during Japanese occupation in Laguna.
- [Mariano Untivero]- was one of the three Sakdalista in the nation elected in lower house of congress, fought for
the common 'tao', once a fiscal, became judge in the city of Manila.
- [Cristobal C. Manalang] renowned scientist and scholar, international figure on his contribution to control of leprosy
- [Minerva Guysayco Laudico] exemplary civic leader and social worker.
- Esteban Baldivia - With his screen name DENCIO PADILLA, he is a famous actor from Nagcarlan, Laguna, Philippines.
- Jak Roberto - is an actor from Laguna, Philippines.
- Sanya Lopez - is an actress, she is best known for her role as Sang're Danaya in Encantadia
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Laguna". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Laguna". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nagcarlan, Laguna.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Calabarzon region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|