Nagsimula sa Puso
|Nagsimula sa Puso|
|Based on||Nagsimula sa Puso (1990 film)
by Mel Chionglo
|Directed by||Ruel S. Bayani
Malu L. Sevilla
Darnel Joy R. Villaflor
|Opening theme||"Kung Alam Mo Lang" by Jed Madela|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||75|
|Executive producer(s)||Roldeo T. Endrinal|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i|
|Original release||October 12, 2009– January 22, 2010|
Nagsimula sa Puso (lit. It Started From the Heart) is a top rated afternoon drama that aired on ABS-CBN's afternoon block, replacing Kambal Sa Uma. The show aired from October 12, 2009 to January 22, 2010. It is a remake of the 1990 film of the same title starring Hilda Koronel.
After the success of Sineserye Presents, ABS-CBN decided to make a new afternoon drama for daytime. Nagsimula Sa Puso was a 1990 film which earned Richard Gomez his first FAMAS awards and nominations. Richard Gomez played the role of a young college student in a heated affair with his college professor played by Hilda Koronel, who attempts revenge after being stricken with grief and resentment by his professor's mother, and takes revenge on his professor's now settled family only to obtain her for himself.
Throughout its press conference, Maja Salvador takes the lead as Hilda Koronel's character Celina Hernandez, a role in which Maja took time to analyze carefully when offered the project, she decided to give the green light and allowed herself to play the role because she wanted to experience a role out of character and taken seriously because of many projects in which she played teeny-bopper roles. After she mostly played adult roles only on anthology episodes of MMK variously, she decided to take the lead and do a love scene with film and TV actor Coco Martin who was recently in the TV series in the same year Tayong Dalawa before Nagsimula Sa Puso's debut on October 12, 2009 which also caused Maja to work anxiously. The series also revolved on serious actors such as Gloria Diaz (actress and beauty queen), Jaclyn Jose (film actress and drama TV series versatile actress) and Buboy Garovillo (veteran TV host, actor and member of the APO Hiking Society) and newcomer Nikki Gil and Joseph Bitangcol and actress and film director Laurice Guilllen in a special role.
Story and Development
Celina Fernandez, a young college professor whose life has always been controlled by her mom, Minda (Jacklyn Jose). The latter puts such high hopes on her to the point that she is forced to live her dreams—that is to find a husband who’ll keep her future secure. But she couldn’t take more of Minda’s unyielding influence. So as an act of defiance, Celina not only rejects her rich boyfriend, Jim(Jason Abalos) offer to take her with him abroad but also his marriage proposal. To make matters worse, her professional life also turns upside down starting the day she meets engineering scholar Carlo Pagdanganan (Coco Martin). She instantly dislikes him for coming in late during their first day of classes and for making her look incompetent in front of the dean who’s very lenient with him. But what happens when she gets to know him more as a person? Would she ever consider falling in love with her own student?
Cast and characters
- Maja Salvador as Celina Fernandez
- Coco Martin as Carlo Pagdanganan
- Nikki Gil as Julie Bernardo
- Jason Abalos as Jim Ortega
- Jacklyn Jose as Minda Fernandez
- Buboy Garovillo as Tony Ortega
- Gloria Diaz as Pinky Ortega
- Irma Adlawan as Liza Bernardo
- Ronnie Lazaro as Mario Bernardo
- Niña Jose as Charie
- Joseph Bitangcol as Eugene Ventado
- Cacai Bautista as Missy
- Maliksi Morales as Jimbo Ortega
- Bea Nicolas as Ana
- Laurice Guillen as Teresa Pagdanganan
- Boom Labrusca as Oliver
- Frenchie Dy as Franchesca
- Jordan Castillo as Roger
- Kris Martinez as Jon-Jon
- Max Reyes as Dino
- Acey Aquino as Sharlyn
- Jairus Aquino as young Carlo Pagdanganan
- After recognizing Coco Martin's Talent ABS-CBN Management and Director of Hit Primetime Dramas Iisa Pa Lamang (2008) and Tayong Dalawa (2009), Ruel Santos Bayani gave him a big break to direct Nagsimula Sa Puso.
- The theme song is "Kung Alam Mo Lang" by Jed Madela, later re-interpreted by Maricris Garcia as the theme song of the titled Kakambal ni Eliana on GMA Network in 2013.
Awards and Recognitions
- It was recognized and nominated Favorite Afternoon Drama with other top rating ABS-CBN Afternoon Soaps such as Gilda Olvidado's Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? and Jim Fernandez's Kambal sa Uma in the 23rd PMPC for Favorite Afternoon Drama.
- Nagsimula sa Puso Nagsimula sa Puso Drama