|Subdistrict and Sub - City|
|District||South West Delhi|
|• Body||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
|• Total||1,365,152 |
|• Spoken||Haryanvi, Punjabi, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||West Delhi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Najafgarh|
|Civic agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Najafgarh is located at the outskirts of the southwestern part of Delhi. It has a mixture of rural and urban population from Delhi and Haryana. Najafgarh is the fastest developing Tehsil in South West district of Delhi State. As Najafgarh is the only place in Delhi which is having lot of freehold land and where the government can utilize this land to build new developments; it is a very important part of South West Delhi. Delhi Metro work is also in progress in the Najafgarh region which would help in establishing it as a bigger hub for small scale companies.
There are several Ayurvedic and Advanced treatment centers and Medical Centers, Charitable Clinics. They are located in and around Najafgarh. Sai Baba of Shirdi, Suredha Temple, We have few of the meditation centres in and around Najafgarh are Radha Soami Satsang Beas at Ranaji Enclave and Dindarpur, Osho Dham (of Guru Rajneesh), Ashram of Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj at Bakkarwala, Nirmal Dham of Nirmala Devi and Baba Haridas temple in Jharodha Kalan In some of the centers they have free medical facility or discounted/ Subsidized medical facilities with the best available latest sophisticated medical devices and are equipped with traditional and advanced treatment facilities and manned by expert dedicated teams
Special Forces Academy and Special Operations Centers are around in Najafgarh : Delhi Police Border Security Force, CRPF Camp (part of Indian Government's Para Military Forces) Bani Camp and Delhi Police Training Center are also located in the vicinity of Najafgarh. Delhi Police Training Centre in Jharodha is the first major training centre for all the recruitment of Delhi police's constable, Sub-Inspector and other ranks. Various kind of trainings are being provided in this centre such as bomb disposal, riots protection, law & order management, etc. It is having two parts - one is Delhi Police Training School and other is Delhi Police Training College.
Najafgarh was named after the Kiledar (Fort Administrator) Mirza Najaf Khan Baloch (1733–1782) of the Mughal Dynasty. The country seat of this powerful noble, located in the suburbs beyond the capital city, later became a fortified stronghold of Rohilla Afghan chieftain Zabita Khan (b. 1785). During the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and part of the Siege of Delhi, the Battle of Najafgarh took place on 25 August 1857 between Indian rebels and British Raj soldiers. Approximately 800 people were killed.
A small settlement of the Mughal troops settled here in its infancy. Najafgarh is now one of the most populous electoral regions in the National Capital Region of India (NCR). Najafgarh is surrounded by 70 villages bordering Haryana. The borders are 10 to 15 kilometers from the main Najafgarh Market.
Najafgarh is surrounded by a number of important villages of the South West Delhi district. Like all the administrative subdivisions of the South West District of Delhi, Najafgarh is composed of a group of villages. Some of the villages around Najafgarh are Kair, Roshan pura baprola, Asalatpur Khadar, Haibat Pur, Pandwala Kalan, Badu Sarai, Kangan Heri, Dauralla, Dindarpur , Ghuman Hera, Khaira, Delhi, Bakkargarh, Jaffarpur Kalan, Rawta, Surheda, Khera Dabar, Daulatpur, Dhansa, Galibpur, Jhuljhuli, Jhatikra, Kazipur, Kharkhari Nahar, Sidipur, KharKhari Jatmal, KharKhari Round, Hasanpur, Delhi, Mundhela Khurd, Mundhela Kalan, Nanak Heri, Nangli Sakrawati, Paprawat, Pandwalan Khurd, Pandwalan Kalan, Rewla Khanpur, Tajpur Khurd, Sarang Pur, Sherpur,[disambiguation needed] Shikar Pur, Samaspur Khalsa, Ujwa, Daryapur Khurd, Issapur and Malikpur and Najafgarh is surrounded by a number of important towns of Delhi. On the west of Najafgarh like Surkhpur and Mitraon. Dichaon Kalan is situated to the north of Najafgarh. Najafgarh Market is well famous for difrent varieties of shops including textile, Hardware , Ornament, sports. Jawahar Chowk is oldest Place in market. Goverdhan Textile is famous and most populated shop for ladies suits and Mens wear since 1985.
Najafgarh is also in close proximity to Gurgaon, which is a hub for numerous companies, both Indian and multinational.
The majority of the inhabitants are from Haryana, Uttrakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The literacy rate is 88.1%.
Pravesh Verma of BJP is the MP from this costitiuency while Kailash Gahlot, Advocate of Aam Aadmi Party is MLA and Parliamentary Secretary, Govt of NCT of Delhi from this region. Mr. Gahlot Defeated Former MLA Bharat Singh of INLD in Delhi Legislative Assembly election, 2015.Rajbir Yadav from Chhawla Block Congress Committee is Alderman of South Delhi District of MCD living in Paprawat village of Najafgarh.
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College
- Bhagini Nivedita Women College, Kair (Near Najafgarh)http://www.bhagininiveditacollege.in.
- Rural Health Training Center (RHTC), Najafgarh- A training center for nursing of Govt. Of India.
- Bachpan...a play school
- Father's Destiny Play School
DTC Buses: 822, 818, 827, 828, 829, 764, 817, 835,578,978,708,817, 728 etc. DTC Inter-state - Bus From Bahadurgarh to Gurgoan Bus Stand Via Bajhera.
DELHI METRO: The Metro network will be extended from Dwarka to Najafgarh (near Delhi Gate & Dhansha Stand) as part of Phase 3 of Delhi Metro. The official deadline for this project is December, 2016.
- Harit Bhumi (On Delhi road),
- DDA Park (Najafgarh Extension, Maksudabad Colony, Near Najafgarh Nangloi Road),
- Mother Dairy Park (At Chhawla Stand),
- Sheetala Mata Park (At Main Market).
- Public Park (At Shyam Vihar).
- Najafgarh Health Center - OPD and 24 Hrs. emergency service.
- Rao Tula Ram Hospital, Jafarpur Kalan Village (Near Najafgarh).
- Chaudhry Brahm Prakash Ayurvedic Hospital, Khera Dabur Village (Near Najafgarh).
- ESIC Dispensary, Najafgarh.
- Delhi Govt. dispensaries at colonies of Najafgarh are at Dharampura & Gopal Nagar colonies.
- Dhanvantri Hospital.
- Orthoplus Hospital.
- Surya Kiran Hospital.
- Kalyani Hospital.
- Om Dental Clinic & Diagostic Centre.
- Vikas Hospital.
- Metro hospitals.
- Janki hospital.
- Swastik hospital.
- Gobhania Nirog Dhaam
- Pratap Medicos
- Mehta Chemists
- Anand Medical Store
- Jeet Medipoint
- Mahalaxmi Medicos, Near Tura Mandi bus stop
- Delhi Metro Rail Depot.
- Delhi Jal Board Zonal Office
- Delhi Parks and Garden Society Office.
- Tehsil Office.
- Education Department's Zonal Office.
- BSES Electricity Office.
- Pay and Account Office (Govt. Of Delhi).
- SDM Office.
- BDO Office.
- PWD Office.
- Delhi Police South West Zone's ACP Office.
- MTNL Office (Telephone Exchange).
- MCD Zonal Office of Najafgarh Zone.
- Irrigation and flood control department's office.
- Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) Bus Depot.
- Court of DC of MCD of Najafgarh Zone.
- Fire Station.
- Sub Post Office.
- Zonal Office of Delhi Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC).
- Zonal Office of Food and Supply Department.
- Store and Office of Central Warehousing Corporation.
- Najafgarh Stadium - A District Level Stadium of Govt. of Delhi (Near Delhi Gate, Najafgarh). The ground has hosted a match between Manish Warriors and Canada cricket team when Canada cricket team toured India in November 2010 for practice for 2011 Cricket World Cup.
Historical Monuments and Places
- Delhi Gate.
- Najafgarh Lake.
- Jami Mosque.
- Octagonal Well.
- Tomb of Rana Sahib - Lodhi.
- Catholic Church.
- Jawahar Chowk.
- BSF Camp, Chhawla, Najafgarh.
- ITBP Camp, Chhawla, Najafgarh.
- CRPF Camp, Jharoda Kalan, Najafgarh.
- Air Force Station, Bani Camp, Najafgarh.
Besides the rapid development of Najafgarh, since last two years there is no home broadband and landline connectivity in more than half the area. The only ISP(Mtnl) went down 2 years ago due to cable theft and has not been repaired since then. Reliance Fiber is accessible on Thana Road only. Although people can still access internet on their mobile phones through 2G/3G and 4G bands; but its not a permanent solution considering the higher payment rates and charges.
Virendra Sehwag, Indian Cricketer
Sushil Kumar, Wrestler
- Najafgarh drain, Delhi
- [sangam vihar, najafgarh]
- Najafgarh drain bird sanctuary, Delhi
- Nearby Najafgarh lake or Najafgarh jheel (now completely drained by Najafgarh drain)
- Sant Ram"Bhola dairy"[kakrola Road]
- Nearby Dichaon Kalan
- Nearby Bahadurgarh
- Najafgarh Bazar
- New India Solutions