|Full name||Najeeb Tarakai|
2 February 1991|
|ODI debut (cap 42)||24 March 2017 v Ireland|
|ODI shirt no.||31|
|T20I debut (cap 25)||16 March 2014 v Bangladesh|
|Last T20I||10 March 2017 v Ireland|
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 24 March 2017
Tarakai made his Twenty20 debut for the Afghan Cheetahs in the Faysal Bank Twenty-20 Cup against Rawalpindi Rams. He played in the Cheetahs two other fixtures in that competition, against Faisalabad Wolves and Multan Tigers. In these three matches, he scored a total of 54 runs at an average of 18.00, with a high score of 34.
On 10 March 2017 against Ireland, Tarakai scored 90 runs during the second T20I at Greater Noida. This score stands as the second-highest individual score by an Afghan in T20Is, after the century of Mohammad Shahzad. His match-winning performance along with the bowling performance by Rashid Khan, brough him his maiden man of the match award.
T20 franchise career
- "Twenty20 Matches played by Najib Taraki". CricketArchive. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Twenty20 Batting and Fielding For Each Team by Najib Taraki". CricketArchive. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Alokozay Ahmad Shah Abdali 4-day Tournament, 2018, Speen Ghar Region: Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "World T20, 1st Match, First Round Group A: Bangladesh v Afghanistan at Dhaka, Mar 16, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Najeeb Tarakai". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Afghanistan tour of India, 2nd T20I: Afghanistan v Ireland at Greater Noida, Mar 10, 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Afghanistan tour of India, 5th ODI: Afghanistan v Ireland at Greater Noida, Mar 24, 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Afghanistan Premier League 2018 – All you need to know from the player draft". CricTracker. Retrieved 10 September 2018.