Najm (Arabic: نجم) (also Negm, IPA: [neɡm] in Egyptian dialect / pronunciation) is an Arabic word meaning star. It is used as a given name in Middle East, Central Asia and South Asia. Najm is the male version of the name and Najma (Arabic: نجمة) is the female version of the name. Najm/Negm is also a common Arab family name.
It may refer to:
- Najm al-Din (disambiguation), several people
- Najm Hamad al-Ahmad, Syrian jurist and politician
- Najm Afandi (1893–1975), Indian Urdu poet
- Najm Hosain Syed (born 1936), Pakistani writer in Punjabi
People with similar names
- Jimmy Abdou (born 1984), Comoros-French footballer, playing in England
- Nagem Hatab, Iraqi who died in US custody
- Najam Sethi (born 1948), Pakistani journalist, editor, and media personality
- Najem Wali (born 1956), Iraqi-German author
- Najmul Millat (1863-1938), Indian faqīh (Islamic jurist)
- Najam Sheraz (born 1969), Pakistani pop singer, song writer, and peace activist
- Nayim Alal (born 1966), Western Saharan singer, guitarist and writer of lyrics in Spanish
- Daham Najim Bashir (born 1979[), runner now representing Qatar after switching from Kenya
- Ahmed Fouad Negm (1929–2013), Egyptian vernacular poet
- Mohamed Ag Najem, Tuareg rebel leader against government of Mali
- Abolqasem Najm (1892–1981), Iranian politician, cabinet minister, and diplomat
- Adil Najam, Pakistani-American academic
- Nawara Negm (born 1973), Egyptian journalist, blogger and human rights activist
- Najmabad (disambiguation), several places
- Najm, Iran, village in Iran
- Shurab-e Najm-e Soheyli, village in Iran
- Najim Jihad, housing compound outside Jalalabad, Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden lived
- Qal'at Najm, castle in Syria
- An-Najm, (The Star), the 53rd sura of the Qur'an
- Nedjm Chabab Magra, or NC Magra, Algerian football club
- Najm de Marrakech, Moroccan football club
- J. M. Cowan (editor) (1994). The Hans Wehr Dictionary of modern Written Arabic.
- Salahuddin Ahmed (1999). A Dictionary of Muslim Names. London: Hurst & Company.
- S. A. Rahman (2001). A Dictionary of Muslim Names. New Delhi: Goodword Books.