Nakamura station facade in February 2018
|Location||7-1 Ekimaechō, Shimanto-shi, Kōchi-ken 787-0014
|Owned by||Tosa Kuroshio Railway|
|Operated by||Tosa Kuroshio Railway|
|Distance||43.0 km from Kubokawa|
|Platforms||2 (1 side, 1 island)|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike shed|
|Status||Staffed ticket office (Midori no Madoguchi)|
|Opened||1 October 1970|
|Passengers (FY2011)||1,050 daily|
Nakamura Station (中村駅 Nakamura-eki) is a railway station in Shimanto, Kōchi Prefecture, Japan. It is operated by the Tosa Kuroshio Railway, whose headquarters is located in the station building. The station is numbered "TK-40".
Lines and services
The station is also served by two JR Shikoku limited express services. The Ashizuri limited express service starts from Kōchi and ends here. The Nanpū limited express service starts from Okayama and ends here, with one train a day going on to Sukumo.
The station comprises a two-storey station building with a side platform and an island platform serving three tracks. There is a staffed ticket window with a Midori no Madoguchi which allows passengers to make reservations and buy tickets for JR limited express and shinkansen services. On the ground floor there is a waiting area, cafe, and shop which sells local specialties. Coin lockers and baggage storage facilities are also provided. Parking and a bike shed are available outside the building. A bus station, car rental, bicycle rental are nearby. The station is wheelchair accessible.
From 2009 to 2010, the station underwent a major renovation. This featured the removal of ticket gates, and the remodeling of the waiting area/shop and platform benches in locally sourced Shimanto hinoki wood. The renovation subsequently won multiple design awards including the 2014 Brunel Award and the Japanese Institute of Design Promotion 2010 Good Design Award.
View towards the platforms. Note the absence of ticket gates, which were removed during the 2010 renovation. The train in the background is the Nanpū limited express.
The station opened on 1 October 1970.
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 1,050 passengers daily.
- "中村駅" [Nakamura Station]. michikusa.jp. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "土佐くろしお鉄道 中村駅" [Tosa Kuroshio Railway Nakamura Station]. tosakuro.com. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "中村駅 発車時刻表" [Nakamura Station Timetable TK-40] (PDF). Tosa Kuroshio Railway. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "中村駅" [Nakamura Station]. asahi.com. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "土佐くろしお鉄道中村駅に行ってみよう！" [Let's go to Tosa Kuroshio Nakamura Station!]. travel.co.jp. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Brunel Awards Amsterdam 2014 jury results" (PDF). The Watford Group. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Good Design Award 2010". g-mark.org. Japan Institute of Design Promotion. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 303. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nakamura Station.|
- Official website (in Japanese)