Keihan Nakanoshima Line
|Keihan Nakanoshima Line|
Nakanoshima Station platforms, October 2008
|Opened||October 19, 2008|
|Owner||Nakanoshima High Speed Railway Company|
|Operator(s)||Keihan Electric Railway|
|Line length||3.0 km (1.9 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead catenary|
The Keihan Nakanoshima Line (京阪中之島線 Keihan Nakanoshima-sen?) is a railway line operated by the Keihan Electric Railway in Osaka, Japan. It opened on October 19, 2008, and has a ruling grade of 1 in 25 (4%).
- Local (普通?): Nakanoshima–Kayashima, Demachiyanagi
- Semi-Express (区間急行?): Nakanoshima–Kayashima, Hirakatashi / Kuzuha → Nakanoshima (rush hours only)
- Sub Express (準急?): Nakanoshima–Demachiyanagi
- Commuter Sub Express (通勤準急?): (weekday mornings only)
- Rapid Express (快速急行?): (rush hours only)
- Commuter Rapid Express (通勤快急?): Demachiyanagi–Nakanoshima (weekday mornings only)
|Station number||Station name||Distance (km)||Location|
(Osaka International Convention Center)
- July 10, 2001: Nakanoshima High Speed Railway Company was founded.
- May 28, 2003: Construction work commenced.
- November 13, 2006: New line and station names were officially announced.
- October 31, 2007: Tunnelling was completed.
- August 1, 2008: Test running commenced.
- October 19, 2008: Line opened.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia
- Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine, November 2008 issue: "中之島線開業にともなう新ダイヤの概要", p. 14-17
- Keihan press release: "中之島線内で習熟訓練運転を開始しました" (Nakanoshima Driver Training Starts), (August 1, 2008). Retrieved on October 24, 2008. (Japanese)
- Keihan Nakanoshima Line website (Japanese)