|Elevation||1,360 m (4,460 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Nakapiripirit is located approximately 125 kilometres (78 mi), by road, northeast of Mbale, the nearest large town. This location lies approximately 360 kilometres (220 mi), northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of Nakapiripirit are:1°51'00.0"N, 34°43'12.0"E (Latitude:1.8500; Longitude:34.7200).
The 2002 national population census estimated the population of the town at 1,640. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the mid-year population of Nakapiripirit at 2,600. In 2011, UBOS estimated the town's population at 2,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in Nakapiripirit or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Nakapiripirit District Administration
- The offices of Nakapiripirit Town Council
- Nakapiripirit Central Market
- "Road Distance Between Mbale And Nakapiripirit With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Nakapiripirit And Kampala With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Nakapiripirit At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Nakapiripirit In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 3 June 2014.