|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,810 ft (1,160 m)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
Nakasongola is approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) north of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda, on an all-weather tarmac highway between Kampala and Masindi. The coordinates of the town are 1°18'54.0"N, 32°27'54.0"E (Latitude:1.3150; Longitude:32.4650).
The population of Nakasongola Town was estimated at 6,500 during the 2002 national census. In 2006, the population was estimated at 6,920. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the mid-year population at 7,600. The 2012 mid year population estimate was 7,800.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest are located in the town of Nakasongola or near its borders:
- offices of Nakasongola Town Council
- Nakasongola Air Force Base, part of the Uganda People's Defence Force (UPDF)
- Nakasongola Airport, located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Uganda Air Force Academy, a training school of the UPDF Air Force, also located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Uganda Air Defence and Artillery School, another training school of the UPDF, also located on Nakasongola Air Force Base
- Nakasongola central market
- A branch of PostBank Uganda
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi), by road, northwest of Nakasongola, on the Nakasongola-Masindi Highway
- "Road Distance From Kampala To Nakasongola With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Google (21 July 2015). "Location of Nakasongola At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Estimated Population of Nakasongola Town In 2006". Mongabay.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Nakasongola In 2002, 2010 & 2012" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 8 May 2014.