|Owner||Uganda People's Defence Force|
|Elevation AMSL||3,600 ft / 1,100 m|
Placement on map is approximate
Nakasongola Airport is located in the neighborhood known as Wabisi, approximately 21 kilometres (13 mi), north of the town of Nakasongola, Nakasongola District, Central Region of Uganda. It is located on the campus of Nakasongola Air Force Base, approximately 142 kilometres (88 mi), by air, directly north of Entebbe International Airport, the country’s largest civilian and military airport. The geographic coordinates of Nakasongola Airport are:Coordinates: .
Nakasongola Airport is a medium-sized military airport that serves the town of Nakasongola. It is the largest stand-alone military airport in Uganda. Nakasongola Airport is approximately 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) above sea level. The airport has a single asphalt runway that measures approximately 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) in length.
The airport and the air base on which it is located were constructed by an Israeli company in the 1970s. As of June 2014[update], the airport is undergoing US$11 million (UGX:28 billion) in renovations, following which the headquarters of the UPDF Air Force will relocate to Nakasongola to decongest Entebbe Air Force Base.
- CIA, . (2013). "Uganda: Transportation - Airports". CIA Factbook. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Travel Distance Between Downtown Nakasongola And Nakasongola UPDF Air Force Base". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Approximate Flight Distance Between Entebbe Airport And Nakasongola Airport With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Nakasongola Airport At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Kasasira, Risdel (5 April 2014). "Works on Nakasongola UPDF Air Base Begin". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Candia, Steven (23 February 2014). "UPDF’s Air Force To Move To Nakasongola". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 April 2015.