|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Nakawa is located on the eastern edge of the city of Kampala. It is bordered by Ntinda to the north, Kyambogo to the northeast, Banda and Kireka to the est, Mbuya to the southeast, Bugoloobi to the south, Namuwongo to the southwest, Kololo in Kampala Central Division to the west, and Naguru to the northwest. The road distance between Kampala's central business district and Nakawa is approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi). The coordinates of Nakawa are 0°19'59.0"N, 32°37'05.0"E (Latitude:0.333055; Longitude:32.618066).
|This section does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nakawa lies on the main highway between Kampala and Jinja. From a mere intersection of the Kampala-Jinja Highway and Ntinda Road' in the 1950s, Nakawa has grown into a bustling metropolitan area with small, medium, and large industries and some of Uganda's highest institutions of learning.
Nakawa has the following landmarks:
- headquarters of Nakawa Division
- headquarters of Uganda Revenue Authority
- Nakawa Farmers Market
- The offices of Uganda Securities Exchange
- Uganda Industrial Research Institute
- campus of Makerere University Business School
- Kampala-Jinja Highway traverses the northern part of Nakawa in a west/east direction.
- Minister's Village, an affluent residential area set in nearby Ntinda, another city neighborhood.
- Kyadondo Rugby Club ground, one of the locations bombed by Somalia's Shabab in the July 2010 Kampala attacks
- GFC (3 February 2016). "Distance between Kampala Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and Nakawa, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Google (3 February 2016). "Location of Nakawa At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 February 2016.