Naked (2017 film)
|Directed by||Michael Tiddes|
|Produced by||Ted Sarandos|
Rick Alvadd Garner
|Screenplay by||Cory Koller|
by Torkel Knutsson
Neil Brown Jr.
|Music by||David Newman|
|Edited by||Lawrence Jordan|
Broken Road Productions
Baby Way Productions
Naked is a 2017 American comedy film directed by Michael Tiddes and written by Rick Alvarez, Cory Koller and Marlon Wayans. It is a remake of the 2000 Swedish film Naken. The film stars Marlon Wayans, Regina Hall, Jonathan Todd Jackson, Scott Foley, Loretta Devine, Brian McKnight and Dennis Haysbert. The film was released on Netflix on August 11, 2017.
Substitute teacher Rob Anderson is offered a full-time teaching job, but is reluctant to make that long-term commitment. He and his fiancée, physician Megan Swope, fly to Charleston, South Carolina, for their wedding the next day. Megan's disapproving father, high-powered businessman Reginald, has invited Megan's successful ex-boyfriend Cody. Rob goes out drinking with his best man, Benny, only to wake up on his wedding day, naked in an elevator in a hotel far from the church. He is arrested for streaking, but when the church bells ring, he is pulled back in time, waking up in the elevator an hour earlier; Rob is in a time loop, reliving this hour.
Desperate to go through with the wedding, Rob gradually adapts to his situation. When he learns that no wedding at that church has ever been canceled, he concludes that God has intervened to make it so. Rob develops multiple ways to obtain clothing and travel to the church; gains the trust of a police duo, a biker gang, and singer Brian McKnight; learns that Cody is planning a hostile takeover of Reginald's company; and has meaningful conversations with his mother, Megan, and Reginald. He also discovers that Megan's jealous maid of honor Vicky abducted him and put him in the elevator after hiring a prostitute to seduce him; the prostitute only ended up helping Rob with his vows.
In the final iteration of the loop, Rob exposes Cody and Vicky, earns Reginald's approval, and marries Megan. He tells her he has accepted the teaching job and wants to have a stable, grounded life with her.
- Marlon Wayans as Rob Anderson
- Regina Hall as Megan Swope
- Dennis Haysbert as Reginald Swope
- Scott Foley as Cody Favors
- Eliza Coupe as Vicky
- J.T. Jackson as Benny
- Loretta Devine as Carol
- Brian McKnight as himself
- Cory Hardrict as Drill
- Dave Sheridan as Officer Mike Bentley
- Neil Brown Jr. as Officer Rick McBride
- Jwaundace Candece as Shaundra
- Jason Davis as Principal Melon
- Minka Kelly as Callie
On September 21, 2016, it was announced Marlon Wayans and Regina Hall would star in the film. On October 20, 2016, Cory Hardrict joined the cast of the film. Principal photography began on October 17, 2016.
- Fleming, Mike (2016-09-21). "Netflix Gets 'Naked' With Marlon Wayans, Regina Hall". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- Lesnick, Silas (2017-03-08). "Naked Movie Teaser: Marlon Wayans is Trapped in a Time Loop". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Netflix Remake 'Naked' Adds Cory Hardrict (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Netflix begins shooting movie starring Marlon Wayans in Charleston". postandcourier.com. 2016-10-18. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- Christian Holub (2017-03-08). "'Naked' teaser: Marlon Wayans stars in Netflix movie". Ew.com. Retrieved 2017-03-21.