Naked Baby Photos
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Naked Baby Photos|
|Compilation album by Ben Folds Five|
|Released||January 13, 1998|
|Ben Folds Five chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||C |
|Pitchfork Media||5/10 |
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Naked Baby Photos is a compilation album comprising outtake material from recordings of Ben Folds Five's first two studio albums and live performances. Most of the tracks are previously unreleased rarities.
Caroline Records' webpage for Naked Baby Photos features explanations of each track's origins from Ben Folds.
All tracks written by Ben Folds, except where noted..
|2.||"Jackson Cannery" (Original 7" version)||4:01|
|4.||"Alice Childress" (live)||4:21|
|6.||"Tom & Mary"||2:35|
|7.||"For Those of Ya'll Who Wear Fannie Packs"||6:06|
|8.||"Bad Idea"||Folds, Jessee, Sledge||2:07|
|10.||"The Ultimate Sacrifice" (live)||3:28|
|11.||"Satan Is My Master" (live)||1:33|
|13.||"Song for the Dumped" (live)||Folds, Jessee||4:42|
|15.||"Twin Falls" (Built to Spill cover)||Doug Martsch||2:25|
- (from album liner notes)
"This was the first song to click in rehearsal. The chorus arrangement arrived at with background vocals and distorted bass during our first rehearsals gave us a glimpse of what we would sound like when we grew up."
"Our first recording ever. Done live with Caleb after everyone got off work. We never made a demo, this was a 7" that Caroline bought from us at a show."
"Cut off the first album basically because the label wasn't comfortable with marketing an album with 15 songs like we wanted. This version had a guitar and would have blown the "guitarless" thing. We always thought it was the single..."
"Recorded live at KCRW. Our first live on radio performance. Scary thing for a band one year old."
"Impromptu live 2-track while checking out sound in the studio. A picture of how goofing around can make sense."
Tom & Mary
"Also cut from the first album. That didn't really hurt our feelings..."
For Those of Y'all Who Wear Fannie Packs
"Like Dick Holster, just us screwing around while waiting to do a show. Engineers tend to go out for coffee while we're on these kicks and luckily they often leave the tape machines on."
Ben Folds Five
- Ben Folds – vocals, piano
- Robert Sledge – bass, background vocals
- Darren Jessee – drums, background vocals
- Mastered by Howie Weinberg
- Scott MacLeod - Live Sound Engineer
- Leo Overtoom - Live Sound Engineer
- Alan Wolmack - Management
- Peter Felstead - Management
- Wendi Horowitz - Sleeve design
- Robert Sledge - Sleeve design
- John Falls - Outer booklet photos
- Anna Goodman - Cowrote Alice Childress
- Naked Baby Photos at AllMusic
- Brunner, Rob (1998-01-16). "Naked Baby Photos Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- DiCrescenzo, Brett (1999-12-31). "Naked Baby Photos". Pitchfork Media. Archived from the original on 2008-10-26. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide. New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 61. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.