|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nakhatrana Taluka is a taluka (administrative subdivision) in Kutch District, Gujarat, India. Its administrative centre is the village of Nakhatrana. The taluka covers 1,984.67 square kilometres (766 sq mi).
In the 2001 India census, Nakhatrana Taluka had 129,249 inhabitants, 50.8% (65,673) male and 49.2% (63,576) female. This represented a 10.5% increase from 1991. The gender ratio in 2001 was 968 females per thousand males, a significant change from the 1029 value of 1991. The taluka was entirely rural.
Other 2001 census statistics for the taluka were:
- Literacy - 65.78%
- Male - 75.87%
- Female - 55.43%
- No. of Household - 23,974
- Population under age- group 0- 6 - 20,685
- Sex Ratio under age- group 0- 6 - 932
- Total Workers - 52,451
- Non Workers - 76,798
Points of interest
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dhinodhar Temple in the village of Dhinodhar, lies on beautiful mountain range with the abode of Lord Shiva on the top of the hill. It is just 20 km away from the village of Nakhatrana on the way to Nani Aral village. Dhinodhar Hill has an elevation of 1190 feet, or 361 meters. The Tropic of Cancer (or Kurk Vrut) passes through the southern tip of the temple.
Other places in Nakhatrana Taluka include:
- Roodimaa Sthanak on Virani Road,
- Holipet Mountain in Navavas,
- Greeneries of Jadai Road fields,
- The chats of Vathan Chopati,
- Fort Mahadev, and
- Piyoni village, for its Shiva temple.
- "Kachchh District Panchayat: Taluka Panchayat". Kutch District. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012.
- "Districtwise / Talukawise Salient Features of Population Statistics (1991 and 2001): Gujarat" (PDF). Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Government of Gujarat. p. 7.
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Gujarat: Kuchchh: Nakhatrana". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Nakhatrana, Kachchh, Gujarat". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Villages of Nakhatrana Taluka". Kutch District. Archived from the original on 30 August 2011.
- "નખત્રાણા તાલુકા પંચાયત (Nakhtrana Taluka Panchayat)" (in Gujarati). Kutch District. Archived from the original on 21 May 2010.
|This article about a location in Kutch district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|