Nakuul Mehta is an Indian television actor known for portraying Shivaay Singh Oberoi in Ishqbaaaz, Aditya Harish Kumar in Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara and Sumer Singh Dhillon in Never Kiss Your Best Friend.
Nakuul Mehta was born in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. His father, Pratap Singh Mehta, is a veteran of the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, while his great-great grandfather Laxmilal Mehta was the military-in-chief of the Mewar region.
Mehta completed his Master of Commerce from Mumbai University. He was also trained in dance forms including jazz, hip hop, break, folk, salsa and contemporary. He is a trained ballroom dancer having learned under India's foremost ballroom teacher and Bollywood choreographer Sandip Soparrkar. He represented Maharashtra in the All India Dance Sport Federation in June 2011. He was a silver medalist in the Latin Ballroom Category and is a gold medal winner in the Standard Ballroom category.
He did commercials, music videos, and was associated with theatre for a long time. After juggling this with his modelling career, he made his film debut with a Telugu film, Indian Beauty. Later he played the character of Shekhar in Haal E Dil opposite Amita Pathak. He also appeared in the short film Avant Garde, which was showcased at film festivals across the globe. In 2015, Mehta hosted India's Got Talent 6.
He was then seen in the web-series I Don't Watch TV, published on the platform Arre produced by Timbuktu Films. It is a satire on the Indian television industry and also stars Bollywood film critic Rajeev Masand.
From 2016 to 2019, Mehta played Shivaay Singh Oberoi opposite Surbhi Chandna in Ishqbaaaz. Mehta also appeared in the show's spin-off, Dil Boley Oberoi. Just like his previous show, it also gained high TRPs and established him as a leading actor in Indian Television Industry. He recently appeared in short film called Ved and Arya in march 2020 , where he played character Ved opposite Sanaya Irani. He recently did an album on 12 poems named Poems For Democracy in collaboration with Ajay Singh and the same was released on Kommune, a platform for artists. He also took part in the web series named Zindagi in Short an anthology of seven stories in which he appeared on the third episode Sunny Side Upar as Vishal opposite Rima Kallingal which was first released on Flipkart Video and later on Netflix.
|2012–2014||Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara||Aditya Kumar|||
|2015||India's Got Talent||Host|||
|2016–2019||Ishqbaaaz||Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Shivaansh Singh Oberoi|||
|2017||Dil Boley Oberoi||Shivaay Singh Oberoi|
|2017||Lip Sing Battle||Himself|
|2016||I Don't Watch TV||Himself|||
|2020||Never Kiss Your Best Friend||Sumer Singh Dhillon|
|2021||Sunny Side Upar||Vishal|||
|2013||Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face (Male)||Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara|||
|Gold Awards||Best Actor Debut|||
|Big Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining TV Actor|||
|2017||Gold Awards||Best Onscreen Jodi
(With Surbhi Chandna)
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor Male (Popular)|||
|2018||Gold Awards||Best Actor Male (Popular)||[better source needed]|
|2019||Kalakar Awards||Best Actor|||
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor In Lead Role (Male)|||
- "Bollywood Blue!". The Times of India. 29 April 2008. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "It's genetic for me to not be flashy". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013.
- "Dancing is a full time job for actor Nakuul Mehta". dnaindia. 30 June 2011.
- "My wife is extremely messy: Nakuul Mehta". Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Nakuul invited fans to lunch with him in Melbourne – Times of India". Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Ajay, Kajol to do 'train song'". Hindustan Times. 11 June 2008.
- "I love being an actor, it's what defines me: Nakuul Mehta". dnaindia. 19 May 2012.
- "Nakuul Mehta to now host India's Got Talent?". Times of India. 15 January 2015.
- "WATCH: Nakuul Mehta's new web-series 'I Don't Watch TV' (IDWT)". The Times of India. 12 February 2016.
- "Arre launches its first sitcom series- I DON'T WATCH TV (IDWT)", Exchange4media.com, 20 January 2016, retrieved 10 May 2016
- Choudhury, Nila (21 April 2016), "Nakuul Mehta's Hilarious, Must-Watch New Web Series 'I Don't Watch TV' Sheds Light on the Real Life of Indian Television Actors", India.com, retrieved 10 May 2016
- Kochi, RITZ (22 February 2021). "'Zindagi In Short' is streaming on Netflix now! | RITZ". Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- "The blue-eyed boy". 14 March 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2016 – via The Hindu.
- "Nakuul Mehta to host India's Got Talent – Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 15 January 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Nakuul Mehta back on small screen as Shivaay in Ishqbaaz – Times of India". Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Nakuul Mehta brings the truth behind TV actors' life in 'I Don't Watch TV' web-series, watch trailer". 11 February 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Chhawal, Vinay; Kashyap, Tahira; Kumar, Vijayeta; Naik, Punarvasu; Panigrahi, Smrutika; Sain, Rakesh; Sharma, Gautam Govind (19 February 2020), Zindagi inShort (Comedy, Drama, Romance), Aisha Ahmed, Akash Dabas, Deepak Dobriyal, Divya Dutta, Sikhya Entertainment, retrieved 24 February 2021
- Narayan, Girija (22 July 2013). "Photos: 2013 Boroplus Gold Awards Winners List!". filmibeat.com.
- "10th BOROPLUS GOLD AWARDS, 2017 Winners Lists". Boroplus Gold Awards.
- November 6, India Today Web Desk; November 6, 2017UPDATED; Ist, 2017 12:00. "ITA Awards 2017 winners list: Jennifer Winget, Nakuul Mehta, Helly Shah win big". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Gold Awards 2018 Winners List: Nakuul-Surbhi-Ishqbaaaz team win big; Jennifer Winget-Mouni Roy among awardees". PINKVILLA.
- Team, Filmymonkey (21 January 2019). "Kalakar Awards 2019: Shivangi Joshi, Erica Fernandes, Nakuul Mehta walk away with trophies (PICS INSIDE)". news.abplive.com.
- "Indian Telly Awards 2019: Complete list of winners". 21 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nakuul Mehta.|