|Bikaner Air Force
बीकानेर एयर फोर्स बेस
नाल हवाई अड्डे
|Operator||Indian Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||750 ft / 229 m|
source: World Aero Data
Nal Airport (IATA: BKB, ICAO: VIBK) is located 13 kilometres (8 mi) west of Bikaner in the state of Rajasthan, India. It is operated by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) as a civil enclave at the Bikaner Air Force Station. The enclave air terminal was inaugurated on 29 June 2014. The Rajasthan Govt. is pushing Air India to start its services in January 2016 using a small 56 seator aircraft on Delhi-Bikaner-Jaisalmer Route. This is expected to boost connectivity and give more power to Resurgent Rajasthan Tourism 3.0 Programme Rajasthan accounts for one crore International Tourists annually and Rajasthan Govt. is planning to increase them by 3.4 Crores. Air Flight services will play a major role in order to boost the tourism in the state.
The Rajasthan Govt. has invited Air India to start the flight service to Bikaner and Jaisalmer via Delhi. Air India is believed to have accepted the proposal and planning to launch a small Aircraft (50 Seater) to boost the tourism in the state. The government-owned Vayudoot operated a 20-seater aircraft to this airport in the past but the service was terminated in 1987. The foundation stone of the new terminal was laid in March 2009 by the then Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. The airport was expected to be completed in March 2012. A dispute between the AAI and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) regarding height of the terminal building led to delay in starting air services. AAI authorities constructed the building up to the height of 6.75 meters, whereas MoD had permitted a maximum height of 5 meters. The civil enclave will include a terminal for 100 passengers and a 60-by-90-metre (200 ft × 300 ft) apron capable of holding two ATR-72 aircraft. Bikaner Airport construction was completed in August 2013. The Chief Minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje inaugurated the civil air terminal in Bikaner on 29 June 2014.
- "Nal Airport". World Aero Data.
- "Raje inaugurates Bikaner's air termina". The Times of India. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Bikaner set to have own airport". The Times of India. 3 March 2009. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
- "MoD nod for building at Bikaner civil airport". The Times of India. 27 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "NOC from Ministry of Defence has been received for construction of truce building of the height of 6.75 Meters at Nal Civil Airport at Bikaner". The Thar Express. 28 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "नाल एयरपोर्ट के लिए एनओसी मिली". The Dainik Bhaskar. 28 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "गस्त 2012 तक उनका विभाग इन दोनों एयरपोर्ट का निर्माण पूरा कर इसे हवाई उड़ानों के लिए तैयार कर देंगे". The Dainik Bhaskar. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Airport Website". Airports Authority of India.
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|