|District of Telangana|
|Administrative division||Nalgonda, Miryalaguda, Devarakonda|
|• District collector||Gaurav Uppal|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Gutha sukhender Reddy|
|• Assembly seats||6 assembly seats|
|• Total||2,449.79 km2 (945.87 sq mi)|
|• Density||670/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Vehicle registration||TS - 05 |
|Major highways||NH-65, NH-561, SH-2|
|Average annual precipitation||
NORMAL RAINFALL 751.0 mm AVERAGE RAINFALL670.2 mm mm
|Website||[nalgonda.nic.in/ Official website]|
Nalgonda district is a district in the Telangana state of India. It has a population of 3,483,648 of which 13.32% is urban as of 2011. .The district shares boundaries with Suryapet district, Rangareddy, Yadadri, Nagarkurnool districts and with State Boundary Andhra Pradesh
Nalgonda was earlier referred to as Neelagiri, the name given by some Rajput rulers and the name was changed to Nallagonda only after its conquest by Allauddin Bahaman Shah, a Bahamani king.
The district has a major role in Telangana Rebellion
The district is spread over an area of 2,449.79 square kilometres (945.87 sq mi).
In 2006 the Indian government named Nalgonda one of the country's 250 poorest districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the nine districts in Telangana currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
The district is divided into three revenue divisions of Nalgonda, Miryalaguda, Devarakonda. These are sub-divided into 31 mandals and has 565 villages. Gaurav Uppal is the present collector of the district.
The below table categorizes 31 mandals into their respective revenue divisions in the district:
|#||Nalgonda Division||Miryalaguda Division||Devarakonda Division|
|9||Narayanapur||Thirumalagiri (Sagar)||Pedda Adiserla Pally|
|10||Narketpally||Adavi Devulapally||Neredu Gomma|
- "Census GIS India". Censusindiamaps.net. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Nalgonda travel guide". World66.com. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "New districts". Andhra Jyothy.com. 8 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nalgonda district.|
- Official website
- Nalgonda (district) travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Nalgonda factfile at APOnline.gov.in
- Neelagiri to Nalgonda. page 160