Location of Nallıhan within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ahmet Adnan Okur (MHP)|
|• Governor||Ömer Toraman|
|• District||1,972.51 km2 (761.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||625 m (2,051 ft)|
|• District density||15/km2 (40/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Nallıhan is a rural town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, 157 km from the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 30,571 of which 12,457 live in the town of Nallıhan. The district covers an area of 1,978 km², and the average elevation is 625 m.
Today the town is known for its needlework and local cuisine including stuffed vine-leaves, pilav and pastries. The countryside is used for growing rice and grapes.
Places of interest
- Nallıhan Kuş Cenneti - Sarıyar reservoir is teeming with bird-life.
- Ilıca waterfall
- Adalet Ağaoğlu - writer
- Prof. Dr. Ayhan Sur - geographer
- Erdem Gür - geographer
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Nallıhan, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Governorship of Nallıhan, Turkey. "Geographical information on Nallıhan district of Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Nallıhan website (Turkish)
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- A local information website (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|