|Member of the Sri Lankan Parliament
for Jaffna District
|Preceded by||Nadarajah Raviraj|
|Political party||Tamil Eelam Liberation Organization|
|Tamil National Alliance|
|Ethnicity||Sri Lankan Tamil|
Srikantha was one of the ENDLF/EPRLF/TELO/TULF alliance's candidates in Jaffna District at the 1989 parliamentary election but failed to get elected after coming eighth amongst the alliance candidates.
On 20 October 2001 the All Ceylon Tamil Congress, Eelam People's Revolutionary Liberation Front, TELO and Tamil United Liberation Front formed the Tamil National Alliance (TNA). Srikantha was one of the TNA's candidates in Trincomalee District at the 2001 parliamentary election but failed to get re-elected. He was one of the TNA's candidates in Jaffna District at the 2004 parliamentary election but again failed to get re-elected, coming ninth amongst the TNA candidates. However, he entered Parliament in 2006 following the assassination of Nadarajah Raviraj on 10 November 2006.
In 2010 Srikantha left TELO and TNA. He subsequently formed the Tamil National Liberation Alliance (TNLA) with other dissident members of the TNA. Srikantha was one of the LLF/TNLA alliance's candidates in Jaffna District at the 2010 parliamentary election but the alliance failed to win any seats in Parliament. In June 2011 TNLA was dissolved and Srikantha rejoined TELO and TNA.
|1989 parliamentary||Jaffna District||TELO||5,825||Not elected|
|2001 parliamentary||Trincomalee District||TNA||Not elected|
|2004 parliamentary||Jaffna District||TNA||33,210||Not elected|
|2010 parliamentary||Jaffna District||TNLA||Not elected|
|2015 parliamentary||Jaffna District||TNA||Not elected|
- "Directory of Past Members: N.Srikantha". Parliament of Sri Lanka.
- Satyapalan, Franklin R. (17 February 2010). "Twelve TNA MPs sidelined – Sivajilingham". The Island (Sri Lanka).
- "Trial-at-bar urged for Sarathambal rape case". TamilNet. 15 January 2000.
- Chandraprema, C. A. (1 July 2009). ""Adieu assassination politics"- N.Srikantha". The Island (Sri Lanka).
- "Result of Parliamentary General Election 1989" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- de Silva, W. P. P.; Ferdinando, T. C. L. 9th Parliament of Sri Lanka (PDF). Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Limited. p. 182.
- Jeyaraj, D. B. S. "Tamil National Alliance enters critical third phase - 1". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). Archived from the original on 4 April 2010.
- "Tamil parties sign MOU". TamilNet. 20 October 2001.
- "Tamil Alliance files nominations in East and Vavuniya". TamilNet. 26 October 2001.
- "General Election 2001 Preferences" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- "General Election 2004 Preferences" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- "New TNA parliamentarian takes oath". TamilNet. 30 November 2006.
- "New Tamil alliance in Sri Lanka says TNA betrayed Tamils". Colombo Page. 23 February 2010.
- "PART I : SECTION (I) — GENERAL Government Notifications THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, No. 1 OF 1981 Notice Under Section 24(1) GENERAL ELECTIONS OF MEMBERS OF THE PARLIAMENT" (PDF). The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka Extraordinary. 1643/07. 2 March 2010.
- "Parliamentary General Election - 2010 Jaffna District Final District Result". Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- "Sivajilingam, Sri Kantha decide to join TNA, restructure TELO". Tamilnet. 25 June 2011.
- "PART I : SECTION (I) — GENERAL Government Notifications THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, No. 1 OF 1981 Notice Under Section 24(1) GENERAL ELECTIONS OF MEMBERS OF THE PARLIAMENT" (PDF). The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka Extraordinary. 1923/03. 13 July 2015.
- "Ranil tops with over 500,000 votes in Colombo". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 19 August 2015.
- "Preferential Votes". Daily News (Sri Lanka). 19 August 2015.