|• Official||Tamil, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||50% ♂/♀|
As of 2001[update] India census, Nallathur had a population of 3,853 Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Nallathur has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 49.5%: male literacy is 61% and female literacy is 37%. In Nallathur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Nallathur is a Village in Cuddalore Taluk in Cuddalore District in Tamil Nadu State . Nallathur is 14.3 km from its Taluk Main Town Cuddalore. Nallathur is located 14.5 km from its District Main City Cuddalore O.T (Non Municipal). It is located 145 km distance from its State Capital City Chennai.
Nearby Towns and villages
Towns nearby and their distance: Pondicherry(16 km) Cuddalore(14.3 km), Villupuram (25 km), Panruti(20.1 km). Nallathur is surrounded by Villages of Pondicherry state on three sides, namely, Embalam (East), Manakuppam (West) and Sivaranthagam (North), whereas the dried Malattaru forms the southern boundary. Two nearby villages, Melakuppam and N.Manaveli comes under the Nallathur Panchayat.
The temperature is moderate; the maximum and minimum temperatures being 38 °C and 21 °C respectively. The town gets its rainfall from the northeast monsoon in winter and the southwest monsoon in summer. The average annual rainfall is 1070 mm.
Nallathur Market in centres which support the daily needs of the population residing in the nearby villages and the surrounding rural areas.
Nallathur is also known as "Temple village" .
- Sri SwarnaPureeswarar Temple is a temple of Shiva in Nallathur.
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Varadharaja Perumal Koil
- Thuraimangalam Siva Prakasar Jeeva Samadhi Aalayam
- Sri Arni Periyapalayathu Amman Temple
- Sri Draupathi Amman Dharma Raja Temple
- Sri Kali Amman Temple
- Sri Selva Vinayagar Temple
- Sri Naga Muthumari Amman Temple
- Sri Muthu Mariyamman Temple
- Sri Gangai Amman Temple
- Sri Venkateshwara Medical college Hospital and Research Centre, Ariyur, Pondicherry (5 km)
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Madagadipet, Pondicherry (12 km)
- Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital, Kirumbampakkam, Pondicherry (13 km)
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry (15 km)
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Madagadipet,Puducherry (12 km)
- Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology, Kalitheerthalkuppam, Pondicherry (12 km)
- Sri Jayaram Engineering College
- IFET College of Engineering, Villupuram District. (14 km)
- Appar Government Aided Middle School
- Swami vivekananda high school
Manakuppam (500 m)
- Maraimalai Adigal Government Higher Secondary School, Embalam (1 km)
- Government Higher Secondary School, Thookanampakkam (3 km)
- St. Joseph’s higher secondary school manjakuppam cuddalore
- Vallalar Government Higher Secondary school, Kandamangalam (6 km)
- Balaji English Higher Secondary school Embalam (2 km),
- Government High school Pakkam(4 km)
Agriculture is the backbone of this town. Paddy and Sugarcane cultivation is prevalent in this area. Nallathur is also known as "Temple village" .
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Siva Prakasar