|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sankrail|
Nalpur is located at . It has an average elevation of 6 m (20 ft).
As per 2011 Census of India Nalpur had a total population of 6,911 of which 3,470 (50%) were males and 3,441 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 919. The total number of literates in Nalpur was 4,813 (80.32 % of the population over 6 years).
Nalpur was part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census.
As of 2001[update] India census, Nalpur had a population of 5644. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Nalpur has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 55% of the males and 45% of females literate. 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "District-wise list of stautory towns". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2009-04-03.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nalpur
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Population, Decadal Growth Rate, Density and General Sex Ratio by Residence and Sex, West Bengal/ District/ Sub District, 1991 and 2001". West Bengal. Directorate of census operations. Retrieved 2008-10-13.[dead link]
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|