Naltar ski resort
|Naltar ski resort|
A ski slope in Naltar ski resort
|Top elevation||2,950 metres (9,680 ft)|
|Base elevation||2,870 metres (9,420 ft)|
Naltar ski resort (Urdu: نلتر سکی سیرگاہ) is a ski resort situated in the Karakoram range of the Naltar Valley in Gilgit-Baltistan province, Pakistan at a top elevation of 2,950 metres (9,680 ft). The resort is located, 40 kilometers northwest of Gilgit. It also serves as the main facility for the Ski Federation of Pakistan and the Pakistan National Ski Championship. It also hosted the 2016 Karakoram Alpine Ski Cup.
Naltar is the oldest ski resort in Pakistan, however is relatively less known and less developed than Malam Jabba ski resort. The major obstacle to Naltar’s development has been the dilapidated condition of the road leading from Gilgit to Naltar. As things stand, the one-hour journey to Naltar is near impossible unless ski enthusiasts travel there by 4 wheel jeep. In 2015, a chairlift was constructed and work on rebuilding the Gilgit-Naltar Road has been proposed.
- "Naltar Valley Ski Resort Guide, Location Map & Naltar Valley ski holiday accommodation".
- "Ski resort Naltar - Skiing Naltar".
- "National Ski Championship begins in Naltar". 10 February 2015.
- "Karakoram Alpine Ski Cup: Ukraine, Turkey confirm participation - The Express Tribune". 18 January 2016.
- "A lift to Naltar - TNS - The News on Sunday".
- "Norway, Philippines envoys killed in helicopter crash, army claims no terror attack". 8 May 2015.
|This article about sports in Gilgit-Baltistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|