Nam District, Ulsan
|• Revised Romanization||Nam-gu|
Location in Ulsan
|Administrative divisions||14 administrative dong|
|• Total||72.06 km2 (27.82 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,900/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Website||Nam District Office (in Korean)|
Nam District was established on July 15, 1985. On January 1, 1995, Ulsan City Nam-gu was consolidated after the merging of Ulsan City and Ulsan County. On July 15, 1997, Ulsan Metropolitan City Namgu was established after Ulsan was elevated to Metropolitan status.
- Daehyeon-dong (대현동)
- Dal-dong (달동)
- Mugeo-dong (무거동)
- Ok-dong (옥동)
- Samho-dong (삼호동)
- Samsan-dong (삼산동)
- Seonam-dong (선암동)
- Sinjeong 1-dong (신정1동)
- Sinjeong 2-dong (신정2동)
- Sinjeong 3-dong (신정3동)
- Sinjeong 4-dong (신정4동)
- Sinjeong 5-dong (신정5동)
- Suam-dong (수암동)
- Yaeum-Jangsaengpo-dong (야음장생포동)
Nam-gu's symbols include: the camellia, depicts harmony between the four seasons and symbolizes the vibrance and enthusiasm of Nam-gu residents; the dove represents peace and prosperity and symbolizes the desire of Nam-gu residents to work together to build a better community; the gingko tree, a tree that is resistant to disease and pollution, represents the will to grow strong and optimally and symbolizes the permanent prosperity of Nam-gu residents.
Until 2013, Nam-gu's mascot was Tabi: a 7-year-old boy, symbolizes the vision of a strong, healthy, and beautiful Nam-gu. The current mascot that is used since 2014 is Jangseng-i, symbolizes Korean gray whale motivated from Jangsaengpo Whale Special District.
- Samsan-dong contains Ulsan's downtown. This is among the more affluent areas of the city. There are twelve scenic areas in Ulsan and are advertised throughout the city. There is a tour bus leaving each day that will take a person to some of these sites for a fee. There is a tourist information building in Samsan-dong where you can get more information on attractions and tour bus times.
- Jangsaengpo Whale Museum
- Seonam Lake Park
- Ulsan Culture & Arts Center
- Ulsan Grand Park
- Ulsan Museum
- Ulsan Science Museum
- Ulsan Wholesale Agricultural and Fish Market
- Ulsan Industrial Center Monument Rotary Intersection (Gongeoptap Rotary) is the most rushing intersection because it connects 5 different boulevards and most city transit, and thanks to this the place is popular to teenagers and tourists.
- "Ulsan Metropolitan Namgu Information". Retrieved 26 April 2013.