|Produced by||S. Vandana|
Haresh Vikram Vijayakumar
|Music by||Vijay Antony|
|Cinematography||M. S. Prabhu|
|Edited by||Vivek Harshan|
Golden Friday Films
Nambiyaar is a 2016 Tamil language science fiction comedy film written and directed by Ganeshaa in his directorial debut. It stars comedian Santhanam in the title character, alongside Srikanth and Sunaina in the lead roles. Produced by Srikanth's home production Golden Friday Films, the film is named after the veteran actor M. N. Nambiar who was famous for his villainous roles in yester-year Tamil cinema. Vijay Antony scored the soundtrack and original scores for the film. Despite beginning production during early 2013, the film went through delays before releasing in August 2016. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Raj TV
- Srikanth as Ramachandran
- Santhanam as Nambiar
- Sunaina as Saroja Devi
- Delhi Ganesh as Saroja Devi's father
- Jayaprakash as Ramachandran's father
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Ramachandran's mother
- John Vijay as Police Officer
- Subbu Panchu as Ramachandran's elder brother
- Devadarshini as Ramachandran's sister-in-law
- Arya as Baskar (Special appearance)
- Parvathy Omanakuttan as Dharani (Special appearance)
- Vijay Antony (Special appearance)
Ganesh, a former assistant to directors S. S. Rajamouli and Vikraman, announced plans in February 2013 that he would be making a film named Nambiar and had approached actor-music composer Vijay Antony to play the title role. However, due to his prior commitments, he turned down the lead role and agreed to compose music for the film. Subsequently, Srikanth signed the film and agreed to make it his maiden production venture. Comedy actor Santhanam was approached to play another role sharing the same screen length with the lead actor. Actress Sunaina was signed in to play the female lead role. Srikanth's wife Vandana made her entry as the costume designer of the film. Arya was asked to play an important guest role and shot for the film without demanding a remuneration.
Ganesh called this as his "dream project" and also approached Mohan Nambiar, son of veteran villain actor Nambiar and got formal permission from him before naming the film after the late actor. The shoot of the first schedule of the film was happening in Chennai in June 2013. The film's release was delayed for two years, before the makers readied the project for release in August 2016.
- Aara Amara - Santhanam
- "Srikanth is Nambiar". Sify. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Srikanth's next with debutant S Ganesh titled Nambiar".
- Srikanth's wife Vandana enters films - The Times of India
- "Arya shoots for a guest role in Srikanth’s Nambiar - The Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Srikanth and Sunaina pair up in Ganesha’s Nambiar - KOLLY TALK
- "Srikanth's wife Vandana enters films - Times of India".
- Vasudevan, K. V. (13 August 2016). "A tribute to a beloved villain" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Santhanam turns singer, records song in 15 mins! - The Times of India