|Look up nameless in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nameless usually refers to someone or something that doesn't have a name. It could be related to banishment, making someone nameless being destroying their presence and all mentions of them.
In Ancient Egypt, the name (the Ren) was believed to be one of five components of the soul and Ancient Egyptian's placed great value in placing their name everywhere, (a form of immortalization) they believed that as the name was spoken it lived, therefore Ancient Egyptians feared becoming nameless. (i.e. without name, without a piece of their soul)
Nameless may also refer to:
- Nameless (comic), a story in the 2001 Star Wars Tales 10
- Nameless Detective, in a series of novels by Bill Pronzini
- The Nameless City, an ancient ruined city in H. P. Lovecraft's short story under the same title
- The Nameless One, the protagonist of the 1999 CRPG Planescape: Torment
- The Nameless Hero, the protagonist of first three games from Gothic series, and a main character in Arcania: Gothic 4
- The nameless, mysterious all-powerful entities in The Forever War universe by Joe Haldeman
- The Nameless, the Deity of The Order, a religion analogous to Christianity, is an antagonist in the 2007 book Runemarks
- Unaussprechlichen Kulten, originally Nameless Cults, a fictional book of Cthulhu Mythos arcane literature
- Nanashi ("Nameless"), the protagonist of Sword of the Stranger
- Nameless, an Image comic book by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham, 2015.
- The Man With No Name, a film western character portrayed by Clint Eastwood.
- Nameless (film), a 1923 film directed by Michael Curtiz
- The Nameless (film), a 1999 Spanish horror film
- David Mathenge (born 1976), a Kenyan musician known by the stage name Nameless
- Nameless (album), a Cathy Davey album
- "The Nameless", a song by the band Slipknot off of their album, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
- "Nameless", a song by Staind from Tormented
- Orkest Zonder Naam or Nameless piano, a Dutch orchestra of the catholic broadcasting corporation KRO
- Zangeres Zonder Naam, a Dutch female singer who used the title "Singer Without A Name" as her official artists' name.
- Nameless, Georgia, an unincorporated community
- Nameless, Tennessee, an unincorporated community in Jackson County, Tennessee
- Nameless, Texas, a populated place in Travis County, Texas
- Nameless Creek, a creek in Indiana
- Nameless Island, an islet in the Galapagos Islands
- Nameless Point, Antarctica, near Right Whale Bay
- Nameless , one of the unofficial names of f(x)
- Endless Nameless (disambiguation)
- No Name (disambiguation)
- Unknown (disambiguation)
- Untitled (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nameless.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.